28. PSYCHE

HA YOU THOUGHT
You seriously expected me to leave you with that nice, clean, satisfying fluffy ending? You've been with me for what, two books now, and that's how you think I'm going to END IT?!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU THOUGHT WRONG

Peter rolled over, unable to get comfortable in his bed. He had gotten far used to the compounds beds, and now his was too stuffy. Great.

When Peter opened his eyes, however, he wasn't in his bed. Maybe that's why his bed felt so cold and hard; he was literally lying on the ground. And not just any ground. Not ground he recognized. Dry, sandy, cold ground that stung his hands.

And he was wearing a weird suit. It looked like his suit... no, it looked like the one Tony had offered to him when he asked him to be an Avenger. What was going on?

"Peter." Peter spun at his name and saw none other than the God of Mischeif himself standing there with a grim expression. Peter scrambled to get away, but he knew he needed answers and running would do him no good.

When he turned again, after running at least ten feet, Loki was no further than he had been before. But something was different; Loki's eyes weren't blue like Peter remembered them. They were a calm green. They were normal-looking eyes, not the crazy ones he remembered.

"Alright Loki, what do you want? Where am I, and what's going on?" Peter sunk into a fighting stance, but Loki raised his hands in surrender.

"I am not here to fight you, but to warn you. You mustn't be afraid."

"I'm not afraid of you." His voice cracked. Great. Really convincing.

"I am not a threat to you." Was Loki getting closer? He wasn't moving, so how was that possible?

"Oh yeah? Tell that to past-me! And while you're at it, why don't you tell present-me what's going on!" That made sense, right? Peter was getting kind of dizzy and lot of things were not making sense.

"Alright listen, I'm going to tell you everything I can. First of all, this is a dream. I can only hope you will remember this in the morning in time to warn everyone. Second of all, before you ask, your brain-fry trick left us somehow connected - on my end at least. Yes, I saw your new waterbottle. It's... cool." Peter couldn't help but grin as Loki continued.

"When I faced off against you, I was in control as much as the Avengers were. I was being manipulated, controlled, by the very threat that comes for you now. His name I cannot say, but the danger is very real. And he's headed for Earth."

"What? What does he want? Who is he?"

"He is the destroyer of worlds. He wants... the stones. The infinity stones that can give him enough power to wipe out half the universe."

"Only half?"

"He only wants to wipe out half. He has a strange obsession with balance. Now listen, you must try to remember this. I have one more thing to tell you. This place now... it may be where you and many others end up."

"What? What is this place?" Peter finally took a look around at the desolate wasteland stretching for miles. The sky was a sad grey, and everything smelled like dust. If he had his Spider sense in his dreams, Peter was sure it would be buzzing uncomfortabley.

"This place is where half the universe will end up if He wins. But don't be afraid. You cannot be afraid."

"What, like specifically me? Everyone else is allowed to be scared?" Peter was incredulous. The environment was wavering, he could tell they didn't have much time left.

"Yes, specifically you. Don't be afraid." Loki was fading away, he had come so close he was standing toe-to-toe with Peter. His hand ghosted across Peter's shoulder.

"You can't be afraid."

Peter woke up with a start, nearly sticking to the ceiling. He had a weird ache all over, and his shoulder was... itchy.

He remembered having a strange dream... but he didn't remember what it was. It was all foggy. Was there a desert involved? Peter could never really remember his dreams.

"Peter, hurry up! You have a field trip today!" May called and Peter abandonded all hope of remembering the dream as he got ready for school.

Across the universe, there was a ship fallen into shadow, and a prince dethroned.

See? You guys know I would end it on a cliffhanger. I literally can't stop myself.

This whole ending hinges on Loki and Peter having a bigger part to play in Avengers 4 - and since they are my faves I REALLY HOPE THEY HAVE A BIGGER PART TO PLAY IN A4

(I mean come on Marvel you can't expect us to believe Loki is actually dead he's already died, like, three times. Give it up.)

So now, it will be the final ending. I will post another part about future Spiderman stories and AUs and what-not, but this book will not be getting a sequel. It's sequel is, in fact, Infinity War!

Yaaaaay!

THANK YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH FOR STICKING (eheheheh) WITH ME THIS WHOLE TIME AND BEING THE BEST READERS EVER! THIS WAS TRULY A JOURNEY!

I never imagined I would actually finish a story, and this marks me finishing two!!! and of my two finished books, they are BOTH loved!!! This gives me so much joy, and you all have been so wonderful!

I am going to miss everyone, and I hope to see you again in a future story!

AVENGERS 4 CAN'T POSSIBLY BE WORSE WE CAN DO THIS HAVE HOPE

~ Meow