Simple Enough: Chapter 10

My eyes flutter open. I'm still laying on Chris. I could stay like this forever.

"Skye? You awake?"

"Yeah," I say as I yawn.

"Um, just to let you know it's 1 in the afternoon and you're two hours late for work."

I quickly bolt up from bed, and grab my phone from the desk checking the time.

"What?! And you didn't wake me up!"

"You looked too comfortable and cute sleeping, I didn't want to bother you," he says smiling big.

My boss is probably pissed. How could he smile at this?

I look at the missed calls on my phone. 5 missed calls. All from my boss. Sigh.

"I'll have to call later and say I was sick," I say while plopping down on the bed.

"I'll go make us some food," Chris says walking out of the room.

I feel my phone vibrate. I look at the screen. Austin.

"Hey are you at work?" it reads.

I reply, "Nope. I stayed home today."

About a minute later, "Oh cool. Wanna come over later, maybe we can watch another movie here?"

He wants me to go to his house. Why would he possibly want me to go to his house?

I reply, "Um, sure. I'll be at your house in two hours."

"FOOD'S READY!" Chris shouts from the kitchen.

My stomach makes a weird noise at the thought of food, so I quickly make my way to the kitchen.

Chris made waffles.

"So I was thinking maybe we could go to the park again in a bit," Chris says before taking a drink of his orange juice.

"I'm going to Austin's house in a bit," I say with my mouth full of waffles.

A frown forms on Chris' face.

"It's not polite to speak with your mouth full," he says quickly replacing his frown with a smile.

**

(Chris' POV)

I'm going to tell her.

I'm going to tell Skye how I feel about her today, after she gets back from seeing Austin.

Ugh. Austin.

I'm such an idiot. I should've never called Austin over that day at the park. I did it without even thinking about how close they could end up. They see each other every week now. I only called him over because I wanted to see her blush.

It's so cute when her cheeks turn rosy pink.

It's so cute when she giggles, it's so cute when she borrows my shorts and they look huge on her because of her shortness, it's so cute when she mumbles in her sleep. Everything about her is perfect.

That's why I need her to be mine.

I want to take her to the park and make her mine, because she makes me happy. I can be myself around her and I love that.

I hate not being able to kiss those soft looking lips. I hate not being able to hold her while she sleeps every night. I hate always having the temptation to hold her hand, but then I don't at the last minute because she's not mine. Yet.

***

"This popcorn is so burnt!"

"Sorry, I accidentally added extra time to the microwave," Austin says laughing.

He walks over and sits next to me on his couch. We continue watching the movie we were watching.

Out of the blue Austin asks, "Can I ask you something?"

"Um, sure." I say confused.

"I ..." he stops for a second, "I really like you Skye."

What? He likes me? Gosh, what do I say?

"Oh." Geez, I'm so stupid I should've said something else.

I look at his face it looks dissappointed.

"I- I like you too," I manage to choke out.

I see the expression on his face change, and he smiles.

"Skye, do you want to... be my girlfriend?" Austin asks very shyly.

Oh my gosh. He just asked me to be his girlfriend. What do I say?

Austin is a very hot guy. VERY HOT. An attractive guy has never ever wanted to be my boyfriend before. He's also a good kisser.

"Yes," I blurt out without thinking much further.

What the hell? Why did I say yes? Austin is a player. What if he cheats on me? 

I look at Austin. He's smiling really big. I can't change my mind now, i've already said yes...

Author's note:

Hi, this kinda sucks, but oh well. I'd like to thank those of you that are still reading this. SORRY, THIS UPDATE IS SUPER LATE. I've decided that I won't update again unless this chapter gets at least 10 comments.