Chapter 2

"Are you sure you're okay?" Taylor asked me as we walked out to my car, fully dressed in our going out clothes.

"Yes." I nodded. "I'm okay. I was a little shaken after that boy yelled at me, but I'm okay now. You can stop asking Taylor."

"I'm just worried. I've never even heard those words being used before, especially towards someone I love so much."

"Taylor." I spoke softly, stopping from my walk, and turning to her. "I'm okay. What he said was rude and uncalled for. Yes, I was shaken. But, I'm over it now and I bet I don't even slip his mind anymore. I'm not important to him. No one is but himself. So, stop this talk and move on. I have, and I was the victim. Okay Taylor?"

"Okay." she nodded.

I then smiled and we continued to walk to my car.

Once there, we both got in, got buckled up, shut our doors, and I backed up out of my spot. After that, I drove to Olive Garden. On the way there, we listened to the christen rock station. We both nodded our heads along and sung softly to the music.

We can both sing.

That's how Taylor and I met.

Three years ago, my freshman year, I signed up for an A Capella Christian group. There, I met Taylor. I was swept off of my feet when I saw her. I can remember it like it was yesterday.

Taylor had on a grey tee-shirt dress, black toms, and her blonde hair was curled and put into a high ponytail. Her face looked angelic. Her cat shaped eyes were bright, her lips were coated in a nude brown, and her smile ran for miles... cheek to cheek. She was stunning. But, when she opened her mouth to sing... I was gone. She sounded like an angel. Right then and there I was in love. She was everything I dreamed of as a child.

Ever since I was little, I dreamed about being a husband and a father. I dreamed of graduating high school, college, finding a good paying job, meeting and marrying my wife, having a few kids, living in a huge house, having a dog, having a cat, maybe a few fish, and growing old being surrounded by love. Yes, I had a big imagination for a kid. But, I based it off of my mom and step dad. I never knew my birth dad, but Robin, my step dad and my mom were everything you could possibly imagine. I wanted a life like that and when I saw Taylor, I wanted it with her. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Taylor and I finally arrived to Olive Garden after all off my thoughts concluded.

"I'm so ready to eat some pasta." Taylor smiled as she got out of the car.

"Same." I smiled back and grabbed a hold of her hand.

We both then walked inside and got a table right away since I called ahead.

Once we were seated, we ordered our drinks, got them a few minutes later, and then ordered.

"I can't believe it's been three years since I met you." Taylor smiled.

I smiled not at our anniversary, but at the way she lit up saying it. She seemed so happy to be with me and to be here on this day. I know I was. I've never been so happy. My life is honestly perfect and not a lot of people can say that.

I have the perfect girl, the perfect grades, I go to the perfect school, I have the perfect dream job lined up for me, and I just always feel perfectly happy. I don't think anything or anyone can ever ruin those thoughts and that reality for me.

Taylor leaned over and kissed me since I was being so silent.

"I'm so happy to have you." she whispered as she disconnected her lips from mine.

"Same." I whispered back.

She then sat back in her seat across from me and as I was watching her, I got a glimpse of someone behind her shoulder.

It was the boy I ran into in the hall earlier today.

He was leaning over a table. I looked over Taylor's shoulder more, and saw that he was cleaning off the table he was leaning over. He works at Olive Garden? Who in the world would hire such a heathen?

"What?" Taylor asked me.

"Nothing." I spoke continuing to look at him.

"No, what?" she asked.

"Nothing." I spoke again and looked away from him.

"What are you looking at?" she asked turning around to see.

"Taylor, stop." I spoke right as the boy turned and saw us staring at him.

"Just great." I said looking away and she looked away too.

"Who's that?" she asked as the boy spoke, "What are you looking at?"

I just shook my head.

The boy walked over to me calmly since he was at work.

"What are you looking at?" he asked.

I looked up at him and he smiled.

"Oh, Harry. It's the kid who ran into me today in the hall and couldn't keep his fucking mouth shut. Now you come here, the place I work, and stare me down like I'm a fucking monster?" he spoke in a low voice so only we could hear him.

"Excuse me sir." Taylor spoke knitting her eyebrows together. "You will not speak to us like that. We are customers here."

"I wasn't talking to you bitch. I was talking to the guy who was being a dick to me today in the hallway."

"You are the one who talked to Harry in such a vulgar way?" she asked shocked.

"Yeah sweet cheeks." he nodded. "That was me."

"I will just have you know, that that was not right. You are a disgrace."

"I'm glad." the boy smiled.

I just stayed silent and didn't meet his gaze.

"Now, will you two stop being fucking stalkers and enjoy your expensive meals?"

"If you don't stop, I will talk to the manager!"

"Taylor." I snapped and looked up at her. "Just stop. He's not worth our time."

The boy looked at me with anger.

"You aren't worth my time."

"Then why are you over here?" Taylor asked.

The boys neck snapped her way.

"I'd watch your mouth as well. I don't hit girls, but I'll sure fuck up your boyfriend here." he said pointing to me. "So keep going if you want to see him lose teeth."

"Where is your manger!"

"He's my dad, so go ahead and try to get me fired."

Taylor crossed her arms over her chest.

The boy then saluted us before walking away.

"That boy really has got a mouth on him." she spoke after he left while shaking her head.

"I can't believe you did that." I said in shock and in regret that I even came here tonight.

"Did what? Said something to him? He won't do anything. Everything he is saying to you are empty threats. He won't touch you."

"Maybe because every time he says something we are in public. Imagine what he'll do in private."

"Harry don't be such a baby. Take a stand."

"I have to go to the bathroom." I then spoke, stood up, and left.

I didn't go to the bathroom though. I went out of the front to get some fresh air. I really needed it after that exchange in there.

__________

Thanks everyone who read and voted and commented on the first chapter. It means a lot to me. I'm sure you'll like this book! I know that I do :) But, please vote and comment on this chapter as well! Thanks loves and see you next time! 😊