E i g h t

Lance saw Lotor walk into his room tiredly as he was folding a blanket but noticed how exhausted the prince was as he passed his desk full of work and went straight to the bed.

"Tell whoever comes to the door that I want no disturbances, something with work," Lotor rubbed his face looking at Lance leaning against the wall unbalanced.

"Yes prince Lotor," Lance nodded setting the blanket on the bed and glanced when Lotor laid on the bed with his eyes closed and covered his face with an arm rested across his face. Lance saw a new bruise on Lotors jaw.

Moments later Lance could tell the prince was asleep with a soft small snore escaping his lips. He sighed and set the blanket aggressively on the bed and walked away annoyed.

Lance stopped at the door of Lotors room when he heard a loud knowing which startled him enough to jump away.

He looked back seeing Lotor now awake and tiredly walked over rubbing the bridge of his nose but Lance stopped him frowning and opened the door.

"Sorry but prince Lotor is very busy with his work, no disturbances," Lance opened the door as Lotor watched.

"It's urgent, now step aside slave," a gruff voice pushed on lances chest but he didn't move but scowled.

"You rather deal with prince Lotors rage when you disturb his work? Be my guest," Lance moved the clawed hand off of him and Lotor didn't say anything.

"I'll be glad to give a message," he sighed irritated but had the fear of punishment tickle the back of his mind.

"Of course, tell him his general Zethrid has destroyed a dozen of the sentries, again..." The soldier told him and Lance nodded closing the door.

"You should rest sir," Lance turned away to continue his work.

"Thank you for that," Lotor nodded and sat in his chair and grabbed some papers on his desk and brought up a hologram of a blue print but in purple.

"Vas a trabajar hasta la muerte," Lance murmured and Lotor raised an eye brow looking at him.

"Excuse me?"

"I said your going to work yourself to death sire, you should rest," Lance walked over and put his hands behind his back.

"I actually cannot rest, I-I have much work that needs to be done, the fighters, the defense, the Druids," Lotor rubbed his face.

"Is there anyway I can help, this can't be healthy," Lance looked at him worriedly as he found a gash on the back of his neck.

"Um no, no no, just get me the aid kit," Lotor sighed and Lance nodded going to the bathroom and came back with a medical kit for the prince, setting it on the table for him.

"Thank you blue," Lotor nodded taking off his armor and Lance saw a gash on his bicep as well.

"Can I ask what happened?" Lance stood near watching Lotor dab alcohol on his wound but barely even flinched.

"Attacked by another commander who wants my position with the throne, bastard almost got my hair," Lotor scowled.

"Here, let me help," Lance helped him wrap the wound with gauze as Lotor watched.

"You seem confident in medical skills," Lotor pointed out.

"My sister taught me, she was in collage to be a nurse," Lance explained.

"Chloe?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Misty, my older sister, pretty sure she's dead though," Lance whispered.

"The attack on earth, I never approved it, I saw no point in attacking your planet," Lotor looked at him in the eyes and Lance looked back sadly.

"Then why? What did we do? Or at least why keep us all alive?" Lance finished and Lotor grabbed his wrist before he could move away.

"I truly am sorry, if it was up to me then..." He trailed off.

"Then what?"

"Earth wasn't a threat to my people, there was no reason behind it," Lotor said quietly with no lies in his eyes.

"My apologies," he let go of lances wrist. "If you have work I shouldn't bother you,"

Lance walked away looking back at Lotor seeing he put up his hair to clean the wound on his neck.

"Get some rest Lotor," Lance nodded and walked away to go find his sister.