T h i r t y - s e v e n

"How's it going with Lotor? You kinda walked away pissed before," Keith stood by Lance as they stopped in front of each other.

"Sorry about that, I've just seen a few different sides of him, kinda makes me feel bad... He had a good head on his shoulders though," Lance bit his lip and Keith nodded.

"Doesn't get rid of the fact of what he is and who he is Lance, Lotor could just be manipulating you," Keith told him concerned.

"But why would he? Unless he knows of the plan and of you, there's no reason for him too," Lance looked at him leaning his shoulder against the wall.

"I guess your right, but when Lotor has that full power of being an emperor without zarkon... What if he changes too like him," the galra sighed as he looked down. Lances eyes widen.

"Well... Then that's when we take him down, he has pity for me, I can finish it then," the Cuban nodded determined. "I'm doing this for Chloe,"

"Your sister right?" Keith smiled softly.

"She's all I have, she needs a childhood, not cuffs that hold her on a ship," Lance sighed.

"I... I can ask Allura and Shiro to look into the remaining humans, my friend Pidge is looking for her family too, her dad," he offered and Lance looked at him.

"My dads dead though so... I still have my other siblings and maybe my mother," Lance smiled hopeful.

"I can try finding something," Keith smiled back. He felt Lance hug him tightly around the shoulders but was surprised at the embrace.

"Thank you so much," he whispered in Keiths ear.

"Of course, you deserve a win," Keith looked at him when Lance pulled back.

"We better go before someone finds us," Lance giggled and walked away. Keith watched him and pursed his lips while building up some courage.

"Lance wait-" Keith reached slightly and the human turned to him confused.

"Yea?" He raised an eye brow with a gentle look. Keith blushed hard as he pulled his hand behind his back looking down in embarrassment of what he had done.

"I-well... I hope we find your family, he played it off and Lance smiled nodding.

"Me too mullet," he winked and walked away as well as Keith.

Ezor revealed herself from being cloaked before and she had angry tears in her blue eyes looking at Lance. She followed him and grabbed his shoulder quickly before the slave got any further.

"Your just going to kill him!?" She yelled at Lance who was in shock.

"After everything?! After everything he did for you! After everything he did for me! After everything he did for us?!" She cried in anger and confusion as lances eyes where wide in horror.

"E-Ezor-" "why? Why Lance..." She let go and covered her face. "Lotor isn't your enemy,"

"It's something we both care for, I'm doing it for Chloe," he whispered not bothering to hide it.

"Lotor promised you freedom! In return you want to kill him?!" She screamed as tears began running down her face.

"After everything your just- I can't- what- Lance please," Ezor couldn't find proper words and Lance looked down and glanced at his scarred wrist.

"Promise me you won't tell, Ezor promise me," he begged wrapping his fingers around the scar.

"You can't make me promise that," she closed her eyes with her lip trembling.

"I need to do this for my sister," Lance whispered. "She's all I have..."

"Lotor and the generals are all I have!" She cried out.

"Promise!" He hugged around his torso as his shoulders shook taking deep breaths.

"I... I... Do you really hate him? Enough to want him dead?" She looked at him with tears falling on her pink cheeks.

"... Yes..." He lied.

Ezor covered her mouth turning away and head down. She didn't answer him as she walked away not looking back as tears crawled her face. It was so wrong, so screwed up. Lance didn't know Lotor was giving up his life for the slave while that same slave was willing to kill him without a second thought.

Should she tell the others?

Lance could be killed and what would happen to Chloe? Chloe needs Lance, needs her family.

If Lance was right about one thing was that they needed each other.

She kept walking to her room to process the twisted situation... She couldn't leave Chloe alone without her only brother after loosing everything already.