F o u r t y - t w o

Lance gasped as he rolled across the metal floors and crashed into cargo. He looked up with wide eyes seeing Lotor shaking as he got up, he wasn't strong enough right now to defeat his father.

Lotor would die.

"Lance!" He heard from the side and saw Chloe in the ship but was crying reaching for her brother but a prisoner ran to her and picked up the girl.

"Mijo!"

Lance looked at the ship with wide eyes as Keith ran to his side. His mother. Maria McClain. His hero he would present as for school projects for first grade. The woman who noticed him when he wasn't talking much. His mother who has never given up on him when he failed for garrisons. His mother.

"Mama..." Lance whispered as Chloe clung onto her crying as she held her baby girl but her eyes where on Lance.

"Lance let's go!" Keith helped him up as Lance nodded holding his hand tightly as they laced their fingers together, Lance looked at Keith who watched zarkon Storm to Lotor who was slowly getting to his feet holding his sword.

"When I say go, run to Lotor while I hold off zarkon," Keith whispered. Lance looked at him with wide eyes and looked at Lotor as a gasp escaped his lips when zarkon leaped with his fist in the air. Lotor roared as he lifted his sword while the two collided.

"Go!"

Keith sprinted as Lance ran ahead almost dragging the galra spy as their hands let go of another as Keith grabbed a red object and and it flashed into a sword. The smoke cleared and Lance ran straight to Lotor who was on the ground and his sword was weakly in his hand as zarkon was on one knee.

"Lotor, Lotor wake up!" Lance knelt to him quickly as he shook his shoulders.

"Lotor please! We have to go!" Lance cried as Lotors body was limp.

"Lotor!" He screamed.

Keith ran at zarkon as he snarled when zarkon looked at him and his red blade came down on the galra only for it to be caught.

"Pathetic," zarkon chuckled darkly and Keiths eyes widen as he didn't even have time to inhale sharply before zarkon twisted the bayard and slammed Keith on the ground shattering his sword.

Keith stared up in horror but kicked zarkon in the stomach but it did nothing. He crawled out from zarkon as the emperor almost grabbed him but Keith leaped out of his reach and pulled out a knife instead as he panted softly.

"The blade of Marmora... Either way, this will end with death," zarkon glared as Keith charged at him.

"Lotor please we need you," Lance continued to shake his body as he had tears in his eyes while Lotors face was calm and unconscious.

"I need you," he choked on his words hugging Lotors head as his ear pressed against lances chest. He felt a hand touch his arm gently but firm as Lance looked down seeing Lotor frowning in pain but finally looked up at Lance clenching his jaw.

"Oh thank god," Lance sniffled hugging him tightly.

"The battle isn't over, we have to-" Lotor held his torso in pain as he spit out petals but they had purple blood covering the beautiful blue.

"I'm not letting you die, your coming with," Lance grunted helping him up as he held Lotors arm around his shoulder and wrapped his long arm around the princes waist.

"Keith won't survive either if he continues to battle zarkon," Lotor limped softly as he saw Chloe screamed trying to run to him and her brother but the woman held her back whispering into her hair.

"I'll come back for Keith, your already hurt," Lance kept walking.

"Lance, he makes you happy yes?" Lotor looked down at him and Lance closed his eyes. He nodded.

"You two have a future, I'll hold off zarkon and you all escape," Lotor whispered with dread in his voice and Lance had a tear run down his face.

"We're all getting out," he shook his head.

"Blue please," Lotor stopped him as they where infront of the ship of all the prisoners.

"Mijo hurry!" Maria cried reaching for her son as Chloe held her mothers leg.

"Lotor!" She sobbed.

"I'll see you in a while crocodile," Lance smiled at his sister and mother as they both where all confused and closed the door quickly for the ship to send off on auto pilot.

"Lance what did you do?" Lotors eyes widen seeing the ship launching to the coordinates Keith put in before they would've launched to the castle.

"We run," Lance grabbed his hand and grabbed a gun again and began to run. Lotor stumbled but kept up as Lance let him run ahead and ran back to Keith. He shot repeatedly at zarkon to distract the emperor but for the second he had he grabbed Keith and pulled him back.

"Come on!" Keith turned to lances face seeing the fear in his blue eyes but determination in his facials.

Keith was so memorized seeing this side of Lance in battle mode as he pulled Keith and soon loud sounds all around him cut him out of the trans and pulled him back to reality. He saw Lotor waiting with his sword in hand and perked up seeing Lance.

"To the pods, quick, we don't have much time!" Lotor told them and Lance nodded following the galra.