T w e n t y - f o u r

Lance stayed in the bathroom as Chloe was given back to Ezor after nearly destroyed her own quarters in anger.

Lance hissed in pain as he attempted to cut the tag off from her ear but just touching it hurt to much.

A few tears ran down his face as he looked at his ear again. He was property of the galra. How did he get from being a failure of garrisons to damn property?

"What do you want?" Lance snapped seeing Lotor standing in the doorway.

"The material they used is not just plastic," Lotor walked over and gently tilted lances head to the side to see.

"What is it then?" Lance asked harshly but he didn't pull away, maybe Lotor could get it off. He was so close to just ripping it through his ear.

"It's called kolasta metal, it's a type of metal that seems like plastic at first as it hardens into a indestructible metal an hour later, you got Chloe's off before it hardened," Lotor explained.

"So what? I'm stuck being a fucking cow for the rest of my life?" Lance snarked pushing his hand away.

"I'm guessing a cow is an animal but no," Lotor said flatly and Lance snorted with no humor.

"Then what? What can you possibly do?" Lance crossed his arms leaning on one leg more.

"Are you done cause it's going to be hard if your just yelling at me the whole time," Lotor narrowed his eyes.

Lance stayed silent and Lotor grabbed a pin from a drawer under the counter and Lance sat on the counter glaring.

"Don't move," Lotor told him sternly and Lance grunted annoyed but let Lotor move his head and tilted lances head again for him to have more access to the light.

Lotor slid the pin through the tiny space between where the tag was connected to another making Lance inhale sharply and closed his eyes. Lotor moved the pin around and Lance clenched his fist but froze when he heard the tag pop open and Lotor carefully took it out.

"It's a lock," Lotor stated and crumpled the tag in his hand when he clenched it into a fist and dropped it onto the floor.

"I know it doesn't earn your trust or forgiveness but I do apologize, this empire is not one I created, I'm just fixing it with my fathers absence," Lotor looked at him calmly and Lance looked in the mirror seeing the hole in his ear.

"Have you told people that I'm your harem?" Lance looked back at him with a small glare.

"No, that is just a false rumor, I'd never lie about something like that," he told Lance who nodded crossing his legs sitting on the counter.

"Your empire is confusing, I don't get anything that's happening or even what words mean and I'm trying so hard to do what's right for Chloe but it's hard when I can't even understand anything," Lance ran a hand through his hair and Lotor grabbed the box that he held before.

Lance didn't need words as he knew Lotor wished for him to have something nice as well like Chloe. He picked up a small dark silver hoop and gave it to Lotor, Lance hissed when Lotor carefully slid it through and connected the two ends of the hoop.

"Beautiful," Lotor breathed holding lances chin looking down at him. Lances eyes widen as he blushed darkly but didn't pull away.

"Don't," he whispered as they stared at each other. "Don't say that,"

"May I ask why blue?" Lotor asked softly.

"Have you seen me? I'm broken, I'm ugly, I'm a crumbling temple," Lance pulled away looking down.

"But someone worships that temple, discovers it and find the beauty in its cracks, stones, maybe even hidden treasures," Lotor grabbed his hand and Lance looked at him in awe with his blue eyes.

"I-I... I'm..." Lance couldn't spit out the words. "Im not what you think I am, sir," he breathed.

"Don't, don't call me that, Lance your not a slave, when your in here this is your sanctuary, dont call me sir, sure nor any of that," Lotor held the side of his face and traced his thumb against lances soft cheek.

"What am I then? Huh? I'm not a harem but I'm treated like one by others, I'm not a slave but I'm still looked down upon, I'm your assistant but I've never been treated like one," Lance didn't pulled away as he enjoyed the touch almost, he's been so alone he begged for human interaction and barely gets any time with his sister.

Lotor pulled him close and kissed his forehead tenderly and carefully as if Lance was glass and would shatter, it was warm and long as Lance closed his eyes and held Lotors hand against his face.

"Your you blue, and that's all that matters, not the labels," Lotor whispered against his skin and Lance looked up at him.

"Lotor?" Lance breathed.

"Your beautiful in and out Lance," he nodded and lances breath hitched as he pulled away and walked out leaving Lance alone.

Lance slowly touched his forehead where Lotors lips touch savored the heat of those lips, did Lotor already fall for him despite Lance barely doing anything when it was his mission in the first place. Could he still do the mission?

Lance looked down at his wrist and saw those scarred marks deep in his skin.

Yes. He can do this mission still.