N i n e t e e n

"Lance," Ezor ran up to him and Lance hushed her quickly as he was folding clothes. He pointed to Lotor sleeping in his own bed, the prince was hugging his chest tightly and protectively as his ankles where crossed as well.

"Mind telling me what happened? I've never seen prince Lotor so-so..." Lance looked up at her confused and Ezor wrapped her arms around her torso.

"Scared," she finished.

"The others where found and a lot where killed," Ezor gulped as she looked down and Lance looked at her even more confused and a little bewildered.

"Others?" He asked.

"I-we-he-" "Ezor, who's the others?" Lance asked seriously and she bit her bottom magenta lip.

"Other hybrids, galra hybrids," she whispered.

"It's where me, Acxa, Zethrid and Narti where basically raised, a refugee camp for the outcast," she rubbed her arms nervously.

"I didn't know them before Lotor saved my life, but when he was exiled he protected us and made sure no one could hurt us, so he became our prince and we became his generals to protect the other hybrids,"

"Your hybrids?" He asked in awe and glanced at Lotor.

"Well yea, I'm not exactly purple and fluffy, like Zethrid, I'm only part galra," she smiled a little and Lance shrugged nodding.

"And Lotor? He's not full galra?" He glanced at the prince again.

"He's only half, he's never told us what the other half is though, trust me I've tried squeezing it out of him in many spares, he beats me everytime," Ezor groaned.

"I mean it's understandable, trust me I think I know what you mean," Lance smirked with a playful wink.

"What do you mean?" Ezor smirked back.

"I'm only half Cuban, my dads Cuban and my mother is American... Not that it matters anymore," he laughed with a sigh pursing his lips.

"So this refugee camp, is it okay?" Lance asked and Ezor shook her head.

"A lot of people died, we where attacked, I think it was the empire, I couldn't see the ships, just so much screaming and fighting and..." She cut herself off as Ezor covered her mouth.

"Yea... I know what you mean, just go get some rest," he set a hand on her shoulder.

"You going to take care of him?" Ezor looked at Lotor worried.

"It's basically in the job description at this point," Lance shrugged with a small smile hiding his doubt.

"Good luck," she sighed and walked out.

Lance looked at Lotor and grabbed a warm blanket at the foot of his bed. He opened it largely and gently placed it over Lotors huddled body but he grabbed lances wrist in a quick motion making Lance jump.

"It's just me," Lance replied calmly seeing Lotor now awake.

"Go back to bed," he gained his wrist back and handed Lotor the edge of the blanket to pull over his shoulder.

"I'm sorry I haven't been myself," Lotor whispered and Lance sat next to him with his legs hanging off the bed.

"Ezor told me what happened, I'm sorry," Lance explained.

"I moved the survivors, an anonymous tip to another galra society about the attack, the blades of Marmora," he sighed and Lance looked at him sadly.

"They where your people, you took pride in protecting them," Lance stated and Lotor nodded.

"I can't protect them if I'm here, Narti is covering for me on finding the traitor... But right now, I'm tired blue," Lotors voice was rasped and dry.

"Then go to bed, I'll cover for you, I am your assistant," Lance placed a hand over his arm and Lotor looked at him and turned over.

"Don't leave just yet," Lotor said almost embarrassed. "So far your the only thing I've protected and isn't dead yet,"

"I'll take that as a compliment," Lance smiled.

Lance ran his hand over Lotors bare shoulder and down his arm to his hand giving it a comfortable squeeze. Lance and Lotor looked at each other as the ocean looked into a night sky as two species watched another in comfort.

"I-I-I want to say something but can't seem to make words," Lance chuckled blushing as he ran a hand through his short hair.

"Your hair is shorter," Lotor noticed and Lance nodded remembering the blessed cut.

"I um, I did it myself," he lied.

"You did a good job," Lotor nodded and lances smile grew a little.

"I better go," Lance stood and left Lotors side as he grabbed his board and papers with a quick exit to the door and slammed it behind him.