T h i r t y - t h r e e

The generals worked in their cruiser as the chair behind them stayed empty. But the door opened and they saw Lotor walk in with a calm look.

"Sir-" "any updates?" Lotor asked sitting down with a soft grunt.

"You should be resting Lotor," Ezor turned to him worriedly and Narti nodded.

"I've rested enough, I must continue to be the leader I fought to be," he crossed his legs leaning back.

"Okay then... We've suspected that some of the commanders and such to be spy's as we found information transferred," Acxa brought up a screen.

"To where?" He asked.

"We believe it was a drive, there's no signals that have the informations transported too," she explained.

"Traitors and spy's, interesting, Hagar would be no use to this due to her last failed attempt to find the spy, commander Thace," he narrowed his eyes.

"Ezor, can you keep an eye on the panel where the information was stolen from, they surely will return after the three other transfers?" Lotor looked at her and Ezor smirked nodding.

"I need some excitement finally," she stretched her arms up leaning to the side.

"Narti, have you completed the task?" Lotor raised an eye brow.

She shook her head and brought up a camera showing Hagar constantly going to zarkons chambers.

"So the witch is healing him... That will be a problem now won't it," he watched the camera and coughed into his hand harshly only a few times while petals dropped on the arm of his chair.

"I'll end him, tonight," Lotor smirked with a dark glare in his eyes leaning on his hand while Kova walked to the petals and ate one.

---

"Hey, any updates?" Keith found Lance in the library picking out books.

"Oh hey," Lance smiled at him excitedly.

"Oh updates, um yea... But..." Lance pursed his lips.

"I won't be doing the mission anymore," he looked at Keith who looked at him confused and slightly upset.

"Lance-" "it's playing out on its own, Lotors dying and he wants to kill his father," Lance cut him off looking down.

"Wait what...?" He was surprised.

"Lotor has a disease he caught on his home planet, says there's nothing they can do, but he wants to kill zarkon before he goes," the blue eyed boy sighed holding the books in his arms.

"What disease?" Keith asked.

"I'm not sure, he doesn't have much left, he should be resting... God dammit Lotor!" Lance saw him walking through the halls with Acxa discussing serious matters about the spy.

"Your babysitting now?" Keith asked as Lance glared at the prince disappointed.

"He's stubborn, the s'morning he was in bed basically dying when he told me, he just doesn't want to seem weak, I guess his other hybrid genes are a sign of weakness or whatever," Lance waved it off as Keith raised an eye brow looking at Lotor but back at Lance.

"He's a hybrid?" Keith breathed in awe. He was one too but didn't think the prince would be.

"Yea, won't tell anyone what he is, just his generals know," he pursed his lips.

"Well it's for the best Lance, I'll tell my team, well attack soon and you'll be free, I promise," Keith smiled softly at him and Lance looked at Lotor again. He had more control on his freedom or not, Keiths could just be an empty promise, Lotor had that power to free him and sister from this empire... He offered for Lance to find a new planet to live peacefully.

"Keith have you ever heard of the refuge camp of hybrids..." Lance said quietly.

"No, hybrids?" Keith was more confused.

"Maybe we can save Lotor, he's not a bad guy," Lance almost pleaded.

"You said there's no cure, he's going to die Lance," Keith glared slightly.

"There's a surgery, to remove the disease,"

"No, you promised the mission," Keith glared now.

"I promised to kill the villain, Lotor isn't a bad guy," Lance glared back.

"He's manipulative, it's a lie, he's killed hundreds of innocent lives," Keith crossed his arms.

"Then why bother saving me? He could've left me to rot in that prison and loose my sister to be a slave, he took us both in!" Lance snapped. "I'm a innocent life too,"

"He's pity's you, we'll actually do something about this war, he's done nothing to stop it if he's such a good guy," Keith scoffed.

"I won't kill him, I'm sorry but I can't kill someone who saved me... The disease will kill him anyways," Lance looked down and looked up seeing Lotor. They made eye contact and Lance sighed slightly irritated.

"Look I got to go, I have work to do," Lance grabbed another book and pushed past Keith before he could say anything else.

"Hey, what are you doing? You have to go rest, you'll work yourself to death," Lance walked to Lotor crossing his arms.

"Just running an empire, nothing important or anything," Lotor smirked at him.

"Your terrible," Lance rolled his eyes at him.