What a Workout

"Miss! It's eight twenty! You have only ten minutes miss!"

I groaned in annoyance as the covers were pulled off me. Rubbing my eyes and swearing like a sailor under my breath I check the time.

It read 7:40.

What the fuck Rita. I almost died.

Turning around to glare at Rita, I say, "Fucking hell Rita, thanks for the near heart attack."

"Language! And we both know you wouldn't have woken up if I told you the actual time!" She tells me, with her hands on her hips.

She does have a point.

"Now, get your butt out of bed and get ready for school," she says turning to leave, but not before saying, "also try to attend all your classes, don't think I don't know how much you've been skipping lately."

Damn, how did she find out.

I drag my lazy ass out of bed, basically crawling to the bathroom.

It was a painful journey but I made it.

I continued on with my usual morning routine; shower, brush my teeth, hair, makeup, clothes and eat or not.

Today my hair was being extra annoying so I just put it up in a messy bun and only put on light makeup.

I wore a long, nude coloured hoodie with black leggings and completed the look with brown leather heeled boots.

Packing my shit for the day, I head downstairs hoping my parents aren't here.

To my surprise, they are actually having breakfast in the kitchen. Why are they still here? Ugh.

"Good morning, cariño," My mother greets me as if nothing happened yesterday.

Y'all fucked me over last night and now it's all good to you? Nah you thought.

Grabbing a few pop tarts, I say goodbye and leave the room.

"Isabelle! Get back here!"

"What?" I ask impatiently rolling my eyes, even though it was only 8:15 and Sana and Ry were not coming to pick me up for another 10 minutes.

"Lose the attitude, Maria. And are you sure you need to eat all those pop tarts?" She questions as if they're the worst thing in the world. "Honey, I told Rita to make you a honey, cranberry-mango shake with real almond milk."

She sounds like a fucking commercial.

"I think i'm good with these." I say holding up my pop tarts.

"But, sweetie-"

"I need to go mom, maybe you should try the shake."

I hear her scoff as I exit the room with a small smile.

I go outside to wait on the porch and open my phone to pass time. While going through my messages, I see one from Xavier.

Ajhkgxfjbxsgjjcxfb.

I fangirl for a few seconds before actually opening the message, but can you blame me? The boy was a fucking god.

Hey Bella, do you want to meet at the library for the next part of the culminating?

Trying my best to contain the huge smile overtaking my face, I text back,

Sure, when?

He replies quickly, which I'm grateful for.

How about next week?

Just as I was on the midst of my sudden bliss, those bitches finally arrive.