☃️ Snowball?☃️

🎈Will's POV:

I got to school early, very early in fact. So I headed to the AV room, I was trusted enough to be given a key. I got my key out and put it through the key hole to find another pair of keys were inside. Who Could possibly be here, at the party's AV room, at 7 in the morning?I wondered if it was the party that were already inside and so I knocked. I heard nothing.

"Guys? You in there?" I heard a few hushed whispers and a lot furniture moving around and the keys clicking the door open. There stood Dustin, smiling. "Will!" he shouted happily.

"Hey Dustin.." It was a very suspicious smile but I slipped it away. "Can I come in?" I ask him as he just stood there.

"Oh! Sure come in" he stepped aside and allowing me to walk in to find Lucas and Mike stood smiling.

"What's going on? And why the hell are you guys here early?" I asked my best friends curiously. Mike came closer and shrugged at me.

"Thought we would come earlier then everyone else"

"Okay then. Well anyway, I was thinking about the snowball. Are we all going together as we planned?"

"Sure we are. Not going to ditch my best friends for some stupid girl. Am I right?" he gritted his teeth at the other boys who nodded quickly. Something weird is going on. We all stayed in the AV room until the bell went for first class, the party filing out and heading to their class. Luckily I had English with Mike. We walked out together, he wasn't making any conversation nor laughing like he used to. Something is going on and I don't know what it is, but I will find out.

"Mike. Are you okay? You seem like you are going to pass out" I giggled at the beaded forehead of the taller boy.

"Oh I'm well. Just a little hot" he gave me a lopsided smile.

"It's winter Mike. You shouldn't be hot. Maybe you need to go home, don't come to the snowball tonight. I want you to be better." I now stood in front of the boy, my concern radiating of me.

"Will. I'm okay. I am not going to miss the snowball. I want to be there and make a memory with my best friends." he smiled but turned serious,he turned the corner and into the class room. I shrugged and sat in my place next to Mike and stared of into thin air. Throughout the whole English lesson I was thinking about the snowball and how I wanted to go with someone. I wanted to go with Mike. And not as best friends. Of course I wasn't going to ask the boy if he wanted to be my date to the snowball, that is just weird and creepy and that could also lead me to losing my friends. I looked over at Mike, his brown almost black hair fell into his face. He was concentrating on something, writing on the paper in front of him. I watched as his eyes scanned the paper, a tongue poked out from between his now parted lips that looked so smooth. His cute nose twitching a little every now and then. I forgot I was staring because the teacher called on me making me snap out my trance of Mike.

"Sorry Sir." I mumbled and causing the class to laugh at me. Mike just stopped what he was doing and looked at me, smiling.

The evening came around fast. I was dressed up in nice clothes and smelt great in my opinion as I had used half a bottle of Jonathan's cologne. I stood by the door, Jonathan making me pose and taking pictures of them. Mom was so happy, she cried.

"My beautiful boy!" she cried, running to me and giving me a hug.

"Mom. Stop you are going to ruin my hair" I chuckled at her eagerness.

"I'm sorry. Go on Jonathan, take your little brother to the snowball."she instructed him, Jonathan grabbing his keys and guiding me to the car. Mom stood at the door waving and smiling at us. "Be careful!"she shouted.

I sat in the car with an awkward silence with Jonathan. I was actually nervous, I don't know why. I was going with my friends, not Mike or anyone for that matter. "Don't be nervous Will. You will be fine" my brother reassured me. I nodded and got out of the car, waving as the car zoomed away. I entered through the doors and saw the party sat looking miserable.

"What's up with you dorks?" I laughed as I approached them.

"Oh good. You're here finally." Lucas giggled and stood up. A few fast songs came on and we all danced, having the time of our lives. About an hour later I was done for, I stopped dancing and told the party I was getting some punch. I had my back turned as I poured some of the drink into the cup but little did I know something special was being set up behind me.

The music stopped playing and I frowned, wondering why it had stopped. I turned back around to see a huge banner being held by Lucas and Dustin either side and behind it was Mike. I gazed at the brightly coloured banner, I looked to the audience in the room to see smiling faces. I put my punch down on the table and moved closer now grinning. So this is what they were doing in the AV room this morning.

I stalked closer to Mike and made eye contact with him while smirking.
"Yes Mike. I will be with you!" I shouted. I felt a few tears fall from my cheek as the taller boy closed in and placed those soft lips of his on mine. The whole hall was filled with claps and cheers as we pulled away.

'Valentine' came on, Mike grabbed my arms and placed them upon his shoulders, his strong hands rested upon my waist, slowly swaying to the song. Soon enough everyone else joined in. I was really glad Troy was here because he would ruin a perfect moment for us both.

A few minutes into the song I looked up at my date, someone that I had always dreamt of being with. I stared up at the taller boy who grinned at me. "Thank you" I told him. He didn't say anything else except pulled me closer to him as I rested my head on his shoulder, both with our eyes closed.

I'm in love with my best friend.

A/NI tried. I'm sorry if it was bad.

Love

-Erin.