Polaroid

Guess who's back with some chapters until season 3 is out. Enjoy.

Mike's POV:

Moving house for the second time is a lot of work, especially if you have so many clothes and ornaments to pack. I'm moving to a bigger house with my long term girlfriend, Jane. We've been together since we was 18 and now we are 28, it was time to settle down and think about having a family.
I work as a film director and earn quite a bit of money whereas Jane works part time due to some issues.

The removal van had just pulled up and was talking to Jane as I packed away the last box. I picked it up ready to go downstairs until I saw something at the very back of my closet.
I put the box down and reached for this mysterious item and pulled it down. I was curious as to what was in it.
I blew the dust away and instantly remembered this shoe box from the late 80s. I was excited to see what was inside, so I flipped the top off and peered in. A few of my old things from school and stuff given to me by my two friends, Lucas and Dustin who are still with me today.
Then right at the bottom was a Polaroid, the picture facing down.

I didn't remember this, I didn't think I owned a camera but was still curious. I turned it around and there, mildly covered in dust was the picture of me and Will Byers.
The picture brought back memories. We was sixteen in this and it was the last time I was going to see him in Hawkins as he moved away. We had nothing to contact each other on as he didn't know his phone number yet.

A small tear dropped onto the picture, I remembered everything like it was yesterday, all those secrets still with us. Our secret relationship.

"Mike, come on! the van is ready to leave." Jane shouted from the bottom of the stairs

I quickly shoved the picture back in the box and carried it down with the other one, Will still on my mind.
I got in that car with Jane and travelled down to the new house.

...

"Finally, everything is in place! Now relax!" Jane giggled as she jumped on to the bed.
I was in no mood to relax, Will was on my mind and I couldn't get him out. That smile was everything to me. His touch, the taste of his lips, his big Hazel eyes, his cute button nose, his clothes and most importantly, his bowl cut. I smiled at the scene.

It was the year 1987, Will and I spent the rest of the day together as it was our last time seeing each other. We went to the swings, a few minutes away from my house.

"Why do you need to leave?" I asked, sadness lacing my voice.

"Mom said we have to, I'm still not sure why"

"I don't want you to leave. Ever. What about our secret? What happens if we never speak again? What happens if we get girlfriends?" eyes tearing up at the thought.

"Mike. Who knows what will happen"

It was silent.

"Where are you going? I'm going to find you one day"

"Mom won't tell us nothing. It's stupid." he started choking  up. "I don't want to go Mike. Please." this time he was crying. Along with me.

A few hours later, we went back to his house. I tried to convince Joyce to stay but she said its for her own good and the boys. I just followed Will in to his nearly empty room and sat on his bed.