Worse Lie Told.// Byler

Will

It was Saturday night at Mike's House, he had invited the party to stay, including Jane and Max. We had all turned sixteen and decided we was too old for Dungeons and Dragon's so now we just hang out and chat.
I was sat next to Mike and Jane, Dustin sat next to Lucas and Lucas next to Max, Jane and Max still aren't friends but they are making a slow progression.
Mike and Jane broke up a couple months ago because of an issue Mike had which the party don't know about. Jane and Mike are the best of friends since they broke up and are not awkward around one another.
The only awkward person around Mike is me. That's right, I'm gay and in love with Mike Wheeler, have been since we was fourteen but now we are sixteen, I think it's starting to get to me a bit.

I watched as Max and Lucas sat cuddling, Dustin giving them disgusted looks and Jane and Mike having their own conversation, I was sat contemplating life and whether I should sneak out to go home. I slowly started to get up but was pulled down by Mike, his soft hand holding onto mine sent shivers through me. I peered down at the brown eyed boy and smiled, sitting back down but closer.
"We should play something!" Jane suggested enthusiastically. Max smiled at her and nodded her head, agreeing. Everyone seemed to agree but Lucas which spiked an argument between him and Dustin.

"Aren't we too old for playing games?" Lucas questioned while looking at Jane, Jane frowned and put her head down in shame. I gazed at her and felt a little bubble of anger build inside me, I turned to Lucas and scowled, folding my arms.

"Stop being rude Lucas, just play the game. It's not like we have anything else to do!" I exclaimed, Mike's face gleamed as he watched me stand up for Jane. Lucas stared at me and shrugged, then nodded, agreeing to play.

" How about truth or dare?" Dustin suggests followed by a chorus of yes'. " Who's first?" nobody spoke so Dustin chose and that was Max. "Max, truth or dare?"

"Truth" she smiled at him, all attention to her now.

"Did you hate us the moment you saw us?" Max squinted her eyes and shook her head.

"No, I thought you guys were just nerds but I never hated you and I don't now" she laughed at the silly question. She looked around before landing her eyes on Jane. "Jane, truth or dare?"

"Dare!" she squeaked. Max took a minute to think of a dare.

"Kiss Dustin" we knew Dustin liked Jane more than a friend, only Jane didn't know this. Max's dare was a good one, Dustin's eyes widened and started to shake his head but we all knew he was internally screaming. Jane giggled and moved to sit next to him and placing her lips on his, once they pulled apart but both stared at one another and smiled. We all knew this was the start of something for them.

"Will, truth or dare?" Jane piped up, I stared at the floor thinking of the outcomes for truth and dare. Dare I might be able to kiss Mike and truth something will blossom between us but the cons, dare, I could possibly lose friends and a chance with Mike and the same with truth." Will?"

I stared hard at floor and decided on going with truth. "Truth" I said quietly. Jane looked at me and thought, she then smirked when she got an idea.

"Do you have a crush on someone?" all the attention was on me, my face reddened. I looked to Mike for help, he shrugged and grinned. "Oh my gosh, you do!" Jane squeaked, I shook my head furiously, Jane shrugged and looked to Mike next. "Anyway, Mike it's your turn. Lucas ask him." Jane demanded.

"Alright, Michael. What is the worse lie you've ever told?" Lucas smirked. Mike stared straight at me and kept a serious face.

"That I was in love with a boy" he said coldly. Everyone stared at him with open mouths, including me. "You Will" he calmly said, I smiled weakly and looked into his dark brown eyes to find the lie but there wasn't.
All of a sudden It felt as though everyone in the room had disappeared as I watched Mike lean in slowly before our lips connected.
Fireworks was all I felt, I put my hand on his cheek and his hand was firmly placed on my waist.
This is what I have been wanting for since I was fourteen and now I get to feel them against mine. It was like my dream was alive. We eventually pulled apart and stared at each other, leaning our foreheads together.

"twenty dollars guys!" Dustin shouts causing me and Mike to pull apart and give looks of confusion to the party. Dustin held out his hand as three twenty dollar notes floated into his hand.  Me and Mike started to laugh with the rest of our friends, I was finally happy I was with Mike and hoped we will be together for as long as he allows me.

And now even after twenty years, I still feel those fireworks when we kiss like our first one.