[xv] just some guy

double update bc ur weclome

[15]

[two laborious weeks later of promotion and nothing else, finally the holidays arrived]

taehyung and jungkook had not had much contact since their last intimate encounter. ever since then, taehyung had been thinking, and thinking hard.

maybe, if they had never kissed, then it wouldn't be so awkward?

maybe, if taehyung hadn't an oppa kink, he wouldn't accidentally have nasty thoughts flood his mind whenever fans called 'jungkook-oppa!' excitedly as they meet him in the streets?

either way, they were not talking. it was weird. usually, taehyung and jungkook were joined at the hip, their bond almost as strong as tae and jimin's. yet, not a word besides "good morning" and "pass the salt" had been spoken.

finally, it was the boys' last day on the job, and they were packing to leave for the christmas break. it wasn't an emotional goodbye, as the majority of them had split off into pairs (yoongi and jimin, taehyung and jungkook, jin and namjoon, then hoseok) in order to spend their holiday with each other. yoongs and jiminie were off to japan as 'friends', though taehyung knew differently. they hugged, shook hands, "farewell", and off they went. jungkook and taehyung had decided to go to busan in order to visit jungkook's family. as he was the youngest, he naturally felt homesick a lot harsher than the others, so taehyung had agreed to see his parents for new year's.

taehyung lead, exiting the taxi and swivelling round to open the boot. he took out their suitcases and they paid the driver.

"what time does our train come?" jungkook asked, popping the lolly pop he'd be sucking out of his mouth and tilting his head curiously.

taehyung flipped out his phone as they began walking side by side, suitcases dragging behind.

"now! shit, run!" taehyung yelled, speeding his walk to a run, yanking his suitcase up so he was carrying it. the maknae followed suit, and they raced into the open building and over to the barriers. through them, the train had already arrived, the doors only just opening.

"thank god," jungkook sighed, clutching onto his knees as the elder slid his card into the machine, allowing him to pass through.

once they were safely onto the train, bags set above their heads and carry-ons tucked away under their seats, taehyung and jungkook took a seat next to each other. there had not been any other spaces- usually, when jungkook took a train to busan, he'd pick a 4-seat table. it was just... nicer. less cramped.

however, seen as the train was jam-packed, the two had to sit tightly next to each other. taehyung and jungkook awkwardly caught each other's gaze before the train began to move.

"i'm just gonna..." taehyung smiled softly, tapping his headphones.

"ah, right, cool." jungkook coughed, lifting up his own ear phones.

the two sat in complete silence for a good half hour, nothing in the air but utter boredom. taehyung half expected himself to start on the maknae because there was literally nothing else to do. he held back, and instead decided to start a normal conversation with the younger.

"so, i'll be meeting your hyung, huh? think he'll like me?" he smirked and nudged jungkook's arm, who pulled out his earphones.

"of course, who wouldn't like your dumb ass jokes and constant sexual references?" said jungkook, returning the gesture.

"oh shut up, you can talk, you bum licker." groaned taehyung.

"i've actually never licked a butt."

"pfft!" taehyung scoffed, leaning forwards in his seat out of shock. "'constant sexual references' my ass!"

they chuckled in unison, suddenly feeling much more at ease than they had in weeks. they held each other's gaze for a few moments, before giggling and looking away. a deep and frustrated sigh left the dongsaeng's mouth.

"what is it?" questioned taehyung, though he had a sickening feeling at the pit of his stomach that was forming due to the anticipation of what jungkook was about to say.

"we have to talk about this, don't we?" cautiously jungkook spoke, muttering almost to himself in the process. taehyung leaned his head against his seat and exhaled.

"i suppose we do, huh?"

silence.

"well," started taehyung, "who wants to start?"

"i'm not gay." jungkook blurted out suddenly, half expecting taehyung to just nod and accept it, half hoping he wouldn't.

jungkook was just confused about himself.

"yeah, i think we all guessed that one jungkook." taehyung rolled his eyes and continued to think of the conversation starter that didn't get his heart pumping at an unhealthily agile rate. "i-i want to start with what you said to me two weeks ago. you claim t-to be straight, yet... after you 'helped me out', y-you said you wished it were you d-doing the fucking." murmured taehyung, focusing his gaze on his busying fingers that were scratching at his palm.

"don't do that, you'll hurt yourself," said the maknae, reaching over to take taehyung's hand in his own.

"see! this shit, this shit isn't straight, jungkook." taehyung groaned, snatching his hand away to rub the back of his head.

jungkook sat, staring at his hyung, completely at a loss. what was he supposed to say?

"taehyung... i-"

"you don't have to explain, okay? i get it. you're using me and i'm using you. i'm okay with that." he sighed, utterly incontent.

"taehyung, listen. i've grown up being taught a man and a woman is the way to life. that you're only successful if you have a stable career, a wife and kids. i can't have that with a man. imagine what our family would say, what our fans would say."

"our fans love us, jungkook. they'd be fucking over the moon."

"but our family?" he shook his head, laughing half-heartedly. "i don't know if i'm ready to lose them over some guy."

"oh."

now i understand, jungkook. i'm just some guy.

"i'm glad you get it." jungkook's laughter turned to a weak smile and he patted tae's thigh, turning his attention back to his music.

well this holiday's gonna be fucking great.

×××