[xxxvi] the blame

[36]

"w-what?"

taehyung stirred. he finally brought himself out of his trance-like state, twitching his fingers and fluttering his eyes.

"i said i love- ah.." a pain clenched at his chest as he tried to sit.

"oh my god tae," jungkook murmured, leaning close suddenly and wrapping his arms around the frail boy. "thank fuck."

"ow, jungkook, ow!" taehyung hissed at the strong arms clenched around his frame.

"sorry, sorry," jungkook leaned back. "does it hurt? do you want a nurse?"

"jungkookie i don't even know what hurts."

"oh right, yeah of course you don't. you collapsed on stage. the doctors say you were under too much stress. they won't tell us what's wrong, only that your chest would be in lots of pain and we had to keep you either relaxed or sedated."

"i collapsed... on stage..."

jungkook blinked a few times before hesitantly answering.

"...yes."

"in front of th-the fans?"

then jungkook understood.

"taehyung, don't worry-"

"oh god, oh... fuck no." taehyung's breathing increased.

"taehyung, tae, just calm down, shh."

taehyung pictured the images from almost a day before: confused, worrisome faces all glaring at him.

"i'm so sorry..."

"tae, calm! nurse! nurse he's panicking, quick!"

jungkook placed his hands around the side of tae's face, cupping his cheeks.

"it's okay, taehyung, shh..."

a young looking woman barged through the door, then rushed over to the bed.

"it's all my fault... it's all... my..."

×××

sorry for being so inactive recently!! i've got some exciting things going on in my life right now (y'all might see me on your tv at some point eheh)