1. Project

"Have you talked to your brother lately?" Victianna's dad asked in a business tone, as she passed by him. She glanced at her dad who was sitting at the kitchen table, not bothering to look up from his laptop.

"Victor? Shouldn't you be the one who's updated?" she answered dryly.

Victor, or "Win" as people call him, didn't care anymore how her daughter answer him. He told her to come over, "I saw a picture of him with this famous actress. She would be great for the campaigning."

Victianna stood behind her dad, holding a glass of milk. She glanced at the screen of his laptop. It was a picture of his brother, with his new girlfriend, her cousin, and two random girls — both looked like they are the same age as she is. "I don't know them," she answered as she contained the bitterness in her tone. She found it uncomfortable and disgraceful that her dad needs to hire or use an actress just to win the election.

She understands that its all tactics and advantage when it comes to running for a position. Its not about the good old "I trust this man with my future." Ever since she was a kid, all her father could talk about is politics and business. To the point that it also dictates what she and her siblings should and shouldn't be. Its either that or that and never outside those two. Their father also have established that his kids owe to him their lives; so what he thinks is the best, is the only option. In consolation, he did come from an ambitious family, and having a name is always the priority in the family.

"When's your finals?" Win asked as Tin went back to the kitchen.

"Who knows," her wired answer to all her dad's question.

"I called your tutor. She's going to be there every day on your finals."

Tin nodded. She was still not good enough.

"She gave me a list of the courses she recommends for next year. I'll email it to you," her dad said before leaving the kitchen table with his laptop.

Tin has stopped arguing with his dad about her future since she knew that there is nothing she could do to change her dad's mind. There is always this predication that they are entitled to just respect and follow every decision that their dad has made. Its as if paying for their living expenses is enough justification to treat them as their puppets or owning. But in Tin's mind, what could a puppet do besides to follow the strings.