6. Perfect

Tin opened her window and felt the night air on her skin. It was warm, echoing with the sounds of the crickets. The night was living and so was she. She wander when did it all begin. What is the universe planning now. She couldn't sleep on it.

Tin closed her window and grabbed her guitar that was sitting next to the window. She went to their backyard and sang what she felt to the moon and stars. But most importantly, she sang "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran, hoping that Alex could hear her.

She smiled to herself and released all the fluttering feelings she's been having through the song. "But darling, just kiss me slow. Your heart is all I—"

Suddenly, Tin heard footsteps from behind her. She immediately turned around. It was Alex who was wrapped in a flowery pink blanket.

"Oh, sorry. Did I wake you up?" Tin asked.

"No. Couldn't sleep?" Alex said as she walked towards Tin.

Alex held the end of the blanket with one hand so it wouldn't touch the floor; another hand was holding both ends in front of her. Alex sat beside Tin and said, "continue."

"Nah, I'm embarrassed now."

"You sound magical. Would you sing if I sing with you?" Tin settled with the compromise Alex have asked.

She unconsciously agreed.

"Do you mind if I record it? I kind of want to remember this night," Alex asked.

Tin nodded again.

Alex stood up, leaving her blanket on the chair. She was wearing a blue button shirts with the first and last buttons undone. Tin noticed that Alex kept stepping on her long darker blue pjs. She put her guitar on the side and walked towards Alex who was trying to make the phone stand on its own. She dropped down to her knees and started folding Alex's pjs.

"What are you doing?" Alex turned around and looked at Tin.

"I'm folding it."

They both walked back to their seats.

"Its recording so go ahead."

She pulled up her guitar, laid it on her lap and started singing, "When you said you looked a mess. I whispered underneath my breathe, but you heard it darling you look perfect tonight"

Alex looked at Tin with a warm smile on her face, "Sei la mia donna. La forza delle onde del mare. Cogli i miei sogni, i miei segreti, e molto di più. Spero che un giorno, l'amore che ci ha accompagnato..."

Tin's eyes widened when Alex started singing. She had to look down a bit so Alex wouldn't realized that she had turned pink.

Alex leaned a bit to look at Tin's face that was hidden behind her hair. Alex tucked the piece of her hair and said, "Sei molto bella e perfetta per me."

Tin felt the warmness in her face that she had to stand up to hide it, "That sounds pretty nice."

Tin thought, it was possible that 1/4th of the world laid awake with her, just full of people wishing for what they can never have; waiting for 11:11 or a wishing star but there she is, facing her fears and accepting the world's uncertain plans for her.