11. Allocate

Alex started packing her stuff. She got sidetracked when she saw Tin's bathroom door open. She walked inside Tin's room and thought to herself how much she's going to miss that room. If only she could live there forever with Tin.

She walked closer to Tin's desk and saw the sweater. It was a black sweater with the brand embroidered in front — roots. Alex always sees Tin wearing it like it was a priced possession. She never asked why she liked it so much but she knew that there was a meaning to it. Alex took it from the chair it was resting on and wore it. She went to her room and stood in front of the mirror. It was what she thought it would feel. Comfortable, and secured with the scent of the person she loves the most.

Alex heard Tin's door opened and quickly, she removed the sweater and stuffed it in the closet. But before she could hide the evidence, Tin was already there, watching her get rid of the black sweater.

Tin was enjoying the mischievous lady who stole her sweater, trying to form the words in her mouth.

They paused at the threshold of the door and stood there, processing that they probably would see each other less. Days will be harder because it wouldn't feel like a boat bumping into a harbour — like they're coming home. A sly smile formed in Tin's mouth, "Did you miss me?"

Alex who failed to hide the sweater before time was holding it in front of her and extending her arm to give it back to the owner. "I wanted to try it on before I buy one," she said as an excuse.

"Buy it where? In Canada?" Tin appealingly replied.

"Fine. You caught me. I'll put it back," she admitted her lost and ready to walk back to Tin's room.

Tin blocked Alex way and took the sweater out of her hand. "I want to see it on you," she smiled at her.

Alex tilted down her head as she was a bit taller than Tin. Tin carefully put it on her so she wouldn't ruin her hair.

Alex stepped back a bit so Tin could see the full view. "You look good on it. Its yours," Tin smiled. At least her sweater could be with her 24/7. She continued and teased, "why do you look so beautiful today?"

Alex covered her face with the sleeves of the sweater to cover her smile. Tin pulled the shy girl in her arms and teased her, "I didn't know that you're a con artist too."

Alex dug her head deeper, still embarrassed with her decision.

Tin laughed, "I already forgot about it." She softly pushed her away to see her face.

Alex was still looking down, blushing. Tin touched Alex's chin and raised it affectionately, "I see it now."

"See what?" Alex voice replied in a resonant voice.

"What people say ... that you're beautiful," she half-teased. Tin, in all honesty, has always been drunk of her girlfriend's beauty.

She smiled with contempt, and was really pleased with Tin's choice of words that she threw herself at her girlfriend and planted a kiss on her. It was one of those out of the blue compliments from Tin that makes her filled with quiet thrills that she can only released by her mouth.

"You're really leaving," Tin commented as she saw the luggage across the room.

"I can't live here forever. Especially when my job is done."

"I understand. I probably would do the same thing if I was in your shoes. Where are you moving?"

"Its a secret. You have to earn it."

"I already earned it just by breathing."

"The audacity," Alex laughed and went back to her room.