10. Premier

Alex handed Tin an invitation to the premier of their movie. "What's this?" Tin asked. Her tone was implying something else because she knew what it was.

Alex wasn't going to push Tin if she didn't want to. But she had to try. "Its a ticket or an invitation. But I'll be glad if y—"

Tin replied hastily, "I'll think about it."

Alex pulled out a paper bag from behind her seat and passed it to Tin. "I got you this."

"What's this?"

"Its a dress. If you decided to go."

"Is it black?"

"Do I want you to go?" She nervously chuckled.

"Should've bought me pink then," Tin replied with a more open tone as she opened the paper bag.

"Does this mean you're going?" She smiled.

Tin glanced at Alex, "Sure. Am I your date?"

She didn't reply back.

"I'm just kidding," Tin added after Alex couldn't reply. She was already expecting that kind of answer but she didn't know that it would hurt much more.

Alex's shoulders relaxed, "Oh okay. Thank God. Thanks for understanding."

"I'm not that stupid," Tin faked her laugh. She didn't want to go. She didn't want Alex to go. She could easily ask Alex that and throw a tantrum but she wouldn't dare. She had to put herself in Alex's shoes.

Alex held Tin's hand and asked for reassurance, "But you're really going, right?"

She nodded.

"Promise?" She puts her pinky up.

"Promise," Tin replied as she intertwined their pinky, and she continued, "but in my own terms."

"What is it? Anything."

Tin puts the paper bag back, "I won't be wearing this. And I'll buy my own ticket."

"Why?"

She checked the ticket, "For sure I'll be sitting behind you and you know. And I can't be that close to him. Plus, me, walking on the red carpet with camera flashing around?" She paused and sincerely told Alex, "To be honest, I never thought that this would hurt more than I expected."

"I understand and I'm sorry for asking you to do this," she held Tin's hand, and continued with a soft voice, looking at Tin's eyes, "and thank you for everything. Thank you for standing up for me. I thought talking back to those haters would backlash more but removing those negative people one by one and telling them what I feel makes life easier for me."

Tin could see the love in Alex's eyes and she melted in it. She replied warmly, "They don't have the rights to judge you. You already proved me wrong so keep on doing that. People look up to you. Its a responsibility so use your voice when you or someone's being agitated."

She forced a weak smile, "Sometimes I just think that they don't really mean it."

There was an intense, penetrating look in Tin's eyes. There she was again, the protective girlfriend. "It doesn't change anything. Listen to me, when someone hurts you, they don't get to decide that they didn't. Even if they don't mean it. So tell them that."

"I'll try."

"I'll go now. I'm gonna be late."

Alex threw her arms around her, stopping her from opening the door, "Okay, I'll see you later then?"

Tin pecked a kiss on Alex's lips, "Yup."

Alex hasn't let go of Tin. "For sure?"

Tin kissed her again, "For sure. I really have to go."