8. Yes

The early morning sun sends down its light on Tin's curtain. Her room was different, the vibe was warm, and it was pleasing. But she was eager to get out of it. She was excited with a different ray of sunshine, a ray that warms everything she touches. It was cliche, and it was something she was trying to avoid. That longing and knowing that you can have it.

She raised her phone and it opened automatically. Before she could even open the 7 text messages Alex left, it vibrated again. Tin headed downstairs while reading Alex's messages. She swiped left on every message to check the time Alex's sent them.
"Good morning!" 5:43 AM
"I left early and I didn't want to wake you up but I miss you already 😅" 6:03 AM
"Are you awake already 😢" 6:38 AM
"We're shooting in the mountains today. I think you would like it here. I think I'll bring you here someday." 7:04 AM
"You usually wake up at around 10 but just checking. We're starting now so I'll text you when I can!" 7:28 AM
Alex sent a video of the people watching and waiting for them to be noticed. Alex walked closer to them but zoomed on a dog and switched the camera, "I want a dog too!" 9:45 AM.
"Why are you not awake yet? 😭" 10:16 AM
"You're probably awake now. Don't forget to eat your breakfast. I mean I don't really need to tell you that but jic you forget." 10:31 AM

Tin grabbed the whole 12 oz bottle of orange juice since there was enough for her to finish. She sat outside and breathed in the fresh air. She was never this excited to live. She was like a dandelion that's trying so hard to thrive and stretching its head to the sun.

Tin took a picture of the bottle and said, "I'm alive. Good morning to you too. I'll only agree if we get a golden retriever. Did you eat already?"

Within a second, Tin's phone was already ringing. She coughed and hesitated what word to use. She practiced, "hi?" It didn't sound right to her. "Hello?" She tried. "Fuck it," she finished the bottle of orange juiced and picked up the phone.

"Hey!" Alex voiced was enlivened.

"Hey," Tin groaned. "Aren't you supposed to be working?" She questioned.

"We're on break and I missed your voice."

"We literally live in the same house. And someone might hear you," Tin warned her. But her heart flutters every time Alex would tell her that she misses her.

"It's just me in the room. Do you have any plans for today?"

"Do you have time later?" Tin asked. She missed Alex too, despite almost being with her 24/7.

Alex replied immediately, "Of course. I always have time for you."

"I know. Tell me when you get home."

"Okay okay. Do you want anything?"

"Its okay. Just come home safely."

"Are you sure?"

Suddenly, someone barged in Alex's room and told her to be somewhere in 5.

"I gotta go now. I'll text you later." She whispered, "I heart you."

Tin laughed, "you're so stupid. Go hang up."

"Why do I have to hang up?" Alex demanded.

"Because you're the one who needs to be somewhere. So its only fair."

"Fine but that doesn't mean I don't heart you more," she insisted.

Tin goaded, "just put it down man."