~locker 117~

I guess it a better idea not to wear the dress. It was cold outside, anyway. So I was fine, I'd settle. Plus, the dark red sweater I wore looked pretty with the fall trees, Okay, rough start, but this year will still be great, I thought, walking towards the school. I entered the front doors and was greeted by hundreds of people running around, yelling at each other, throwing crumbled up pieces of paper. I walked slowly through the giant groups of people, pulling my schedule out from my jean pocket. I searched for my locker number on the small slip of paper. 117, I read to myself. I continued walking, reading the lockers' numbers. 115, 116- 117. Walking toward my new locker, and entered my locker combo. I smiled to myself when it opened on my first try. I pulled a small photo and some tape out from my backpack. I looked at the photo, admiring the woman posing in it. I missed her, my mother. I taped the photo to the locker door and kept looking at it. 

"Who's that?" I heard a voice say from behind me. I jumped and turned around to see a boy, leaning on the locker next to mine. He was tall, with curly hair, and wore a black t-shirt. 

"Who?" I asked.

"The woman," he started. "In the photo". I turned around and looked at the photo awkwardly. I quickly turned back and smiled.

"Oh! Um-" I stuttered. "That's my mom". 

"Hm, you've got her smile," he said in a sweet voice.

"I do?"

 He nodded, still looking at me. "What's your name?" he asked.

"I'm Sophia," I said, still smile at how nice he was.

"Hi Sophia, I'm Wyatt," he said, holding his hand out. I took the hint and shook his right hand. 

"Are you new here?" I asked.

"I guess I am," he said. "Are you?" 

I shook my head. "No, I've gone to this school district my whole life".

"Really? Maybe you could help me find my classes," he replied with a smile. 

"Alright, let me see your schedule". Wyatt handed me the small paper with his schedule on it and read it. "Alright Mr. Oleff, you're stuck with me first period".

"Perfect," he added. I closed my locker and picked my bag back up, and we set off to find our first class.

Don't be a silent reader! Share your thoughts and ideas with me in the comments!