~Chamber Of Reflection~

*hi i changed how old sophia was when her mom died from 4 to 11. dont yell at me please*

I'd been at Wyatt's house all day. I felt horrible for just staying here. He was probably annoyed by now.

"I should, uh," I stuttered, picking up my bag. "I should get going, my dad's probably wondering where I am". I had changed into some clean clothes I'd packed, earlier.  

"Isn't he who you're hiding fro-" Finn began before Jaeden smacked his arm again.

"Are you sure? Will you be safe there?" Wyatt asked, looking over at me, who was now standing near the front door.

"Um," I began. "Yeah, he's probably asleep right now anyway. And I should clean up the messes he made so he doesn't get mad at me. Not like he remembers much of last night anyway".

"Well, let me help," Wyatt smiled. 

"I'll help too," Jaeden said softly, who then looked over at Finn. 

"What?" Finn asked, not aware of what we were talking about. Jaeden rolled his eyes and dragged Finn outside the front door. 

"Ow ow ow oWOWowow," was all we heard from Finn before the door slammed shut.

"You don't need to help, Wyatt, I'll be fine," I said to him. "Last night was just overwhelming, I guess".

"I want to help," he said sincerely.

I didn't say anything and just looked at him, smiling. He returned the stare. Out little staring contest didn't last long before Jaeden opened the front door slightly. He peeked his head inside.

"You coming?" 

~Time skip~

I rode on the back of Wyatt's bike while Finn and Jaeden rode their skateboards to my house. We stopped once when Wyatt noticed I was getting cold from the Fall air. Jae had let me borrow his hoodie when Wyatt didn't have one. 

Once we arrived at my place I hopped off Wy's bike and grabbed Jaeden and Finn's boards from them. 

"What the fuck Sophia!?" Finn whined. 

"Shh!" I shushed him. . I carried both skateboards to the front porch and shoved them underneath the old wood. I ran over and walked Wyatt's bike to the side of the house, and made sure you couldn't see it from the front.

"Okay come on," I said quietly, and guided them to the door. The steps creaked as we slowly walked up them. I put my hand on the door and quietly opened it. I peeked my head inside. Thankfully, I couldn't see my dad anywhere. I knew he wasn't in his own room. He hadn't slept in there since mom died. 

I fully opened the door and waved my hand for them to come in.

"Holy shit," Finn and Jaeden said, looking around the house. Last time they were here we were packing food for our swimming trip. I let Finn steal a pack of my dads cigarettes. 

"Yeah," was all I said. I saw Wyatt go into the kitchen and grab some trash bags from under the sink. He handed one to each of us. 

"Let's get this over with," he said.

I turned some music on the TV. Chamber Of Reflection. I continued cleaning the living room while dancing around, awkwardly. I was never good at dancing. I had no idea how. But I did love this song, It reminded me of my mom. She always blasted this song on long road trips. She'd roll every window down in the car, with her badass sunglasses and messy bun she'd just belt out the lyrics with me. 

~flashback~

"Sophia honey could you hand me my bag?" she asked me kindly, with a cigarette in her mouth.

"Yeah here," I smiled handing her the giant purse. Who even needed a purse that big? She dug through it, keeping her eye on the road ahead of her. She pulled out her lighter and lit the cigarette. I put her purse back into the back seat, where I found it as she blew the smoke out her window. My mom was young. At the time I was only 11 and she had me at 16, making her 27 then.

"So, where are we going again?" I asked, trying to talk over the loud music.

"We're going home, Honey," she said and rested her hand on my knee lovingly.

~flashback over~

I stopped and took a look around the house. Everything was cleaned, mostly. The broken dishes and scattered beer bottles had been thrown away. The windows had been cleaned and the kitchen no longer looked like a tornado hit it. But it smelled too clean, my dad would know something was up.

"It's too clean," I said, starting to panic.  I rushing over to a drawer in the living room and pulled out a pack of cigarettes and threw them to Finn.

"What do you want me to do with these?" he asked, biting into a chip. I decided not to ask where he found it. I grabbed a lighter from the bathroom and handed to him. 

"Smoke," I demanded as he took it. 

"Will do, Ma'am". 

(okay if you didn't understand a lot of that-

Sophia, Jaeden, Finn, and Wyatt are trying to clean up Sophias house before her dad gets home. Her dad most likely doesnt remember anything from last night and sophia is scared he's gonna think that she made the mess. So she's cleaning it up before he sees it. okAy bye.)