~shut up finn~

It was really quiet in Wyatt's living room, where we all sat. I sat criss-crossed (criss crossed?) on the large sofa. All three of them were sitting near me, staring at me.

"So like what happened?" Finn blurted out. Wyatt reached over and smacked Finn's arm, then they both looked back over to me.

"Sorry," Finn mumbled.

"Did something happen with your dad?" Wyatt asked softly, who sat right next to me on the couch.

I nodded.

"What happened?"

"It was just too much, you know?" I said, quietly.

Wyatt nodded,

"Okay but what happened?" Finn blurted out again.

This time Jaeden smacked Finn's arm.

"Ow! Why the fuc-" 

"Just shut up, Finn," Jaeden demanded, flicking his hand up in the air, in front of Finn's face.

"He was drunk again," I spoke, which got Jaeden and Finn to be quiet. "I heard him breaking things in the living room. I could hear his footsteps slowly coming down the hall towards my bedroom door".

Wyatt shifted his position to keep listening.

"I just tried to stay as quiet as I could so he'd think I was asleep, but that obviously didn't work. He started banging on my locked door,  so I grabbed my things and just ran here," I finished. 

"Jesus, fuck," Finn said, eyes widened.

"How did you get out?" Jae asked.

"Climbed out my window," I replied.

"Well you're safe here. He wouldn't find you here if he doesn't know who I am," Wyatt said sweetly.

"He doesn't," I smiled.

"Good".

~time skip~

I sat next to Wyatt still, curled up next to him without really realizing it. His left arm rested on my back, which made me feel safer, I guess? Finn took over the entire middle section of the couch with all of his snacks while poor Jaeden sat by himself on the other end in the corner of the large sofa.

We decided to watch a movie. The Titanic,  which I've seen a million times, but still enjoyed. Finn was already crying his eyes out while shoving chips into his mouth. I felt Wyatt laugh a little at him.

"You gonna share any of that, dude?" he asked him.

"No." Finn replied, still crying. Wyatt laughed again and looked down at me.

"You hungry?" he whispered.

"A little". I lied. I was so hungry. I could only eat a little though. 

Wyatt stood up, and I decided to come with.

We made our way into the kitchen. which was almost an entirely different room from the living room.

"Want anything to drink?" he asked, stocking up on snacks from his cabinets.

"Just water please," I said, leaning against the counter on the opposite side of the kitchen. Water would help fight my hunger.

"You sure?"

I nodded.

"Okay," he smiled and he poured the glass of water. He put the pitcher back into the fridge and walked over to me, holding the water. He started to hand it to me, but then he stopped. I looked up at him. I just realized how much taller he was than me. He looked into my eyes and I returned the stare. It eventually lead to a full on staring contest. But he lost. He put his free hand on my jaw and brought his lips to mine. He kissed me softly, but I returned the kiss with a smile. I could tell he was smiling too. He put the glass of water down on the counter behind me and put his hand on my waist as mine made their way up to his neck.

lol aw they're growing up.