~normal~

I sat on my bed, thinking about school and scrolling through Instagram. I didn't really know why, but I missed Wyatt. My dad had been asleep since I got home from school and I wanted to get to bed before he was awake. I turned my phone off and set it onto my side table as I walked over to turn off the light. I changed and got under the covers, I suddenly heard my phone vibrate. I turned it on and found a text from Wyatt, so I opened it. 

Wyatt: Hey :)

Sophia: hi!

Wyatt: Wyd?

Sophia: Getting ready for bed, you?

Wyatt: Sophia, it's 5:30 haha why are you sleeping so early?

Sophia: Oh shit, I didn't realize it was so early. I'm just so tired.

Wyatt: I understand. How are you? 

Sophia is typing...

I kept deleting what I typed. I didn't want him to worry about me, so I needed the perfect lie.

Sophia: I'm doing great, hbu?

Wyatt: Are you? Is everything going okay with your dad? Are you safe right now?

I smiled to myself. He really did care about me. But I grew used to being afraid of my dad, so he shouldn't be worried. 

Sophia: Yes, I'm doing great. Why won't you answer when I ask how you're doing, Oleff?

Wyatt: Because, Lillis, I care more about how you're doing and making sure that you're safe than how I'm doing.

Sophia: Really, Wyatt, you don't need to worry. Everything is normal. It's all fine.

Wyatt is typing...

Wyatt: How long has he been hurting you?

Sophia is typing...

Sophia: since i was six. But it's okay, I understand. He probably just misses my mom and takes it out on me. 

Wyatt: Sophia, you're not safe. I don't want him to touch you. He's hurt you so much that you're just calling it normal now. You need to get out of there.

Sophia is typing...

Sophia: ..Okay

Wyatt: *insert address here* is my address. I'm asking Finn and Jae to come over too. Be here by 7:00.

Sophia: Okay.

I put my phone back on my side table and rolled over onto my side.I pulled my blanket up to my chest and shut my eyes as tightly as I could and practically prayed that my dad was still asleep.

Then I heard a crash. It was loud, so loud that I jump up from my pillow in fear. I could hear yelling and more crashes. 

"Sophia darling," my father shouted from the living room. I could feel my hands shaking. I jumped out of my bed and grabbed my backpack which still had notebooks and an old lunch. I grabbed the old lunch and threw it across the room. I heard footsteps on the wooden floor getting closer to my door. I started panting as I grabbed an extra change of clothes and threw them into my bag and zipped it up. I pulled the bag onto my back and ran toward my window, grabbing my phone. I pushed the heavy window open and looked back at my bedroom door. It was locked, but my dad was on the other side, trying to open it.

"Open this fucking door!" he screamed. 

I turned back to the window and jumped out.