~paint~

I put my notebooks in my locker, wouldn't be needing them. I glanced at the photo in my locker and smiled. 

"Ready for art?" someone asked from behind me. I jumped again, and elbowed whoever it was in the stomach. I turned around, and saw Wyatt hunched over in pain.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry," I said, and he laughed a little.

"It's okay," he started, smiling. "Anyway, ready for art?" 

"Yeah," I said, closing my locker. And we headed for art. "How come you keep sneaking up on me, Oleff?" I asked as we walked slowly to the art room.

"I don't mean to scare you," he laughed. We entered the classroom and sat down next to each other. Jaeden walked into the room, and sat on my right side, opposite from Wyatt.

"Hey Jae," I greeted him.

"Lillis," he replied. I smiled at how quiet he was. He was more of a sweet kid, he never got into trouble. Which, I guess was a good thing. But it was also slightly scary. There are rumors all over school about him, that he's in trouble with the law, and that he's on drugs. I, of course didn't believe any of it.

"Hey Jaeden," Wyatt said from my left, smiling at him.

"Hey," Jaeden smiled back, nervously. 

As class went on I kept noticing Jaeden looking over at Wyatt. I nudged his arm and he looked over to me. The teacher was giving instructions, so we spoke quietly. 

"You keep eyeing Wyatt," I whispered. 

"What? No".

"Every time he looks at the teacher, or down at his phone, you always look at him". He let out a small laugh from his nose. 

"So, do you like him?" I asked. He got really quiet. Not surprising. 

"I guess," he replied. I smirked at him. "Isn't he straight though?" He added.

"I don't know".

"He seems pretty into you, Sophia," he said with a smile. 

"No, he's not. He can't be," I said a little too quickly.

"What? Why not?"

"Nothing- never mind," I got back to finishing my painting. Focusing on my piece, I listened to a playlist I'd made the night before. I suddenly felt something cold and wet on my arm. I looked over to see a blue blob of paint on my forearm. I looked up at Wyatt and saw him smiling awkwardly. 

"I swear it was an accident," he lied. I squinted at him, smiling and evil smile. I then dipped my brush into some yellow paint and swiped it across his cheek. He flinched and flicked the paint from his brush onto my face. We went back and forth throws paint at each other. Jaeden eventually joined when he failed to separate us.

"SOPHIA, JAEDEN AND WYATT!" We all froze. Each of us turning around, we saw Ms. Julien staring at us in pure anger. Everyone else in the class, whispering and laughing. 

"Each of you, go to the bathrooms and clean up. Detention, all of you".

"God damnit," Jaeden sighed. "My third one today".

Wyatt and I looked over at him in silence. 

"Your third!?" Wyatt yelled.

I stood in the bathroom, scrubbing at my face. I was alone, and it was quiet. I stopped cleaning my face and stared a it in the mirror. There was still blue near my eyes and red near my lips. (just look at the photo above lmao) I didn't like my face. I kept staring, until I suddenly heard footsteps entering the bathroom. I saw who it was in the mirror. Of course. Millie.