Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Beatrice was moving some of the bodies in the great hall to line up instead of leaving them scattered. She came across Lucius and shuddered. She was happy he was dead. He killed her sister and made her and their son support the dark lord.

She moved him to go by some of the other death eaters. Near him was Fred Weasley. She sighed. She thought Fred was a really good person.

Ron was sitting by Fred and muttering something she couldn't hear. She walked over to him. "Ron... Is it?" He nodded. She put a hand on his shoulder which was trembling.

"I'm really sorry, about your brothers." She said and sat next to him.

"Yeah, me too." He wiped his eyes and looked at his brother. Beatrice pursed her lips, she wasn't good in awkward situations. She took her to fingers and rested them on Fred's eye lids and closed them. "Thank you." Ron muttered.

"Yeah..." She said and patted him on the back. All of a sudden he just hugged her and sobbed onto her shoulder.

"I'm sorry." He said as he stood up.

"No, no it's fine. I'm sorry."

"It's just, well first we lost George, then Charlie and then Fred!" He says.

"Yeah..." She looked at Ron. He was kind of cute. She looked to his lips and back to his blue eyes. She leaned in and kissed him!

Ron quickly pulled away. "I'm sorry-" Beatrice began, shamefully, her cheeks bright red.

"No." He whispered and moved her face to look in his eyes. "You just caught me off guard." He leaned in to kiss her-

"HEY!" Percy yelled, breaking them apart. "Stop snogging! Get to work!" He came in with Lee Jordan right behind him. He had Narcissa Malfoy and Fenrir Greyback.

He set Narcissa with the good guys and Greyback with the death eaters. Beatrice looked at her pale older sister and began to sob loudly. "Sorry,"

She said as she wiped her eyes. "I need a moment." Beatrice walked to the bridge and sat on it. The sun was setting and the light was leaving she sighed and let her tears fall to the floor she couldn't see.

Her feet dangled over the edge, making her feel free in a strange way. She stood up and slipped! Her hands clamped on to the side of the bridge and she yelled for help.

Her sweaty palms were causing her to slip. She couldn't hold on. When Beatrice let go, she let out a high scream but stopped falling. Ron had grabbed her hand.

"Ron!" She gasped. "Thank Merlin! Help me up!" Ron obeyed her and picked her up and sat her on her feet. "Thank you." She whispered.

He put a strand of Beatrice's hair behind her ear and kissed her. The sun setting behind them, the light glowing a vibrant orange.

Inside the great hall, Hermione was just bringing Josh, Jasmine and an old mans body down from the seventh floor corridor.

She set them down and went to grab some blankets. She put a blanket over every dead body so that no one had to see them.

***

It was 10:00 pm and all of the dead bodies were cleaned up. Well the ones they found. There were still some broken walls that people could be buried under but no one alive.

Everyone decided they would sleep in the great hall tonight. Hermione set her spot up with her two babies near Harry and Ginny.

Hermione stayed up all night, the snores filled the large room. She looked down at her engagement ring and began to sob. She was being so loud that she sobbed into her pillow.