Meeting Flurry Heart

WARNING! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS OVERLOADS OF CUTENESS! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

It was another day in Ponyville, and Twilight was hanging out with Garrett. Twilight soon realized what time it was and said, "Great Celestia, I gotta go!" She was ready to run when Garrett asked, "Where are you going?"

"Oh, right; Garrett, my brother and his wife asked me to babysit their daughter today," explained Twilight, as Garrett remembered. He met Twilight's brother before. He gave Garrett good advice on dating. Garrett thought Shining Armor was a cool guy. "Can I come with you?" asked Garrett, "I never did get to meet your niece..." Twilight thought for a moment and said, "Huh, you're right... Well, I'm sure Shining Armor and Cadence won't mind. Okay, come on with me." Twilight and Garrett walked over to Shining Armor and Princess Cadence's castle. Twilight knocked on the door, and her big brother Shining Armor opened the door. "Thanks for coming Twilight," said Shining Armor as he then looked at Garrett, "oh hey Garrett." 

Garrett smiled and said, "Hi Shining Armor. How've you been?" He and Twilight then walked in. "Oh, I'm doing fine," said Shining Armor, surprised to see Garrett. "Shining Armor, Garrett was interested in helping me babysit Flurry Heart," explained Twilight, "would you be alright with that?"

"I'm actually alright with Garrett watching Flurry Heart," said Shining Armor, "it's just that I need to talk it over with Cadence..."

"Talk what over with me?" asked Princess Cadence as she walked over to her husband, her sister in law, and Garrett. "Oh, uh Cadence, allow me to introduce to you my boyfriend," said Twilight, "this is Garrett Shimmer. Garrett, this is my brother's wife, Princess Cadence." Cadence looked at the tall unicorn who was as tall as her husband. "Wow, you are tall," she said.

"I know. Still, it's an honor to meet you Princess," said Garrett as he smiled and humbly bowed. "The honor is mine Garrett Shimmer," Cadence kindly said, "Twilight has told my husband and I good things about you." Garrett smiled. "Well, I was wondering if I could join Twilight in keeping an eye on your little one?" asked Garrett. Cadence looked at him, then at her husband, then at Twilight, then smiled and said, "I don't see any reason why not." Garrett and Twilight brightened up.

"Thank you for your understanding," said Twilight. "Of course," said Shining Armor, "we're not sure how long we'll be gone. But help yourselves to anything you want to eat."

"Alright, have fun!" said Twilight as Shining Armor and Cadence left the castle. Twilight looked at Garrett and said, "Want to meet my niece?" Garrett smiled and nodded excitedly, causing Twilight to giggle. She beckoned him to follow her, and Garrett did so. They then entered Flurry Heart's playpen. They then saw little Flurry Heart playing with her toy Whammy.

When Garrett first laid eyes on Flurry Heart, his eyes widened in surprise

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

When Garrett first laid eyes on Flurry Heart, his eyes widened in surprise. She was so adorable! Garrett was many things. A boyfriend, a passionate lover of music, and now a sucker for cute things. Twilight liked Garrett's reaction. "Oh my gosh, she's so adorable!" he said, his voice getting higher in excitement. Twilight giggled even more. Flurry Heart turned around and saw her aunt, and giggled. "Hi Flurry Heart..." Twilight happily said. Flurry Heart giggled and said, "Hi!" She flew over to Twilight, then took a look at Garrett, tilting her head. "Oh, Flurry Heart, this is my boyfriend, Garrett Shimmer," said Twilight as she continued to smile. Flurry giggled and then hugged Garrett's hoof.

"Oh my gosh... hi..." said Garrett, his voice squeaky high. This made Flurry Heart laugh even more. You could add gentle giant to the list. For the next few hours, Twilight and Garrett spent quality time with Flurry Heart, feeding her and playing with her. Then, she took her nap, giving Twilight and Garrett time to talk. "So Garrett," said Twilight, "if we were to ever get serious... like us getting married and you becoming a Prince and all... would you ever want to have foals?" Garrett thought for a moment and said, "Actually, yeah." Twilight smiled, happy to know that he was thinking the same thing she was thinking. "What would you want to name it if it were a colt?" asked Twilight. "Well, your brother's a cool guy," said Garrett, "maybe we could name him after Shining Armor... or maybe Logan."

"I like that name," admitted Twilight, "and if it was a filly?" Garrett thought again and said, "Well, part of me would love to name her after my sister... or maybe the name Hope... What do you think?" Twilight thought for a moment and said, "Hmmm.... Logan Shining Shimmer and Hope Sunset Shimmer... I like it!" Garrett smiled and said, "Awesome!" Suddenly, there was crying in Flurry Heart's room. This caused Twilight and Garrett to gasp in concern. They ran to her room, and saw her crying. Flurry was desperately trying to reach for her Whammy which had dropped from the floor, whimpering. "Are you okay Flurry?" asked Twilight as she lifted Whammy and gave it to her.

"She looks like she had a nightmare," Garrett stated as he looked at the whimpering Flurry Heart. He gently lifted her up, hoping to try and calm her down. "What are you trying to do?" asked Twilight as Garrett gently rocked Flurry back and forth with his levitation. "I'm going to try and sing her a lullaby I vaguely remember..." said Garrett as he then started singing, "When I'm worried and I can't sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep... And I fall asleep... counting my blessings..." This caught Flurry's attention as she stopped whimpering, listening to Garrett's singing. "When my bankroll is gettin' small, I think of when I had none at all," Garrett continued to sing, "And I fall asleep... counting my blessings..." His singing calmed her down, making her yawn. "I think about a nursery, and I picture curly heads," Garrett continued to sing, "and one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds..." Flurry got tired, listening to Garrett's singing. The sight was adorable for Twilight. "If you're worried and you can't sleep, just count your blessings instead of sheep," sang Garrett, "and you'll fall asleep... counting your blessings..." By then, Flurry Heart had officially fallen asleep, cuddling with her Whammy. Garrett gently tucked her in her bed, putting a blanket on the sleeping yearling. Twilight kissed her forehead and smiled. "That was beautiful Garrett," she softly whispered. They then exited her room, closing the door. A few minutes later, Shining Armor and Cadence came home. "Hey you two, we're home," said Shining Armor, "how'd it all go?"

"Flurry Heart wasn't much trouble," said Twilight as she smiled at Garret. "Yeah, I sang her to sleep," said Garrett. "Well thank you both for watching Flurry Heart," said Cadence as she smiled at the two. "No problem," said Garrett as he smiled, and he and Twilight said goodbye to the couple. As they left the castle, Twilight kissed Garrett on the cheek.

Count Your Blessings (Instead of Sheep) lyrics written by Irving Berlin, from White Christmas, property of Paramount Pictures.