A Great Disturbance

It had been several days after Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer officially became a couple. Both Twilight and Garrett were very happy for them. Garrett didn't care what anyone else had to say if it was negative. One night, Twilight and Garrett decided to have a double date with Sunset and Starlight at Garrett's home. The girls were at the dinner table, waiting for Garrett to complete cooking the dinner. "I said it the first time I found out Starlight," said Garrett, "and I'll say it again. Welcome to the family." He happily carried a giant pan with the meal to the table. "Now this is a traditional Shimmer meal," explained Garrett, "it's a meal we eat when a Shimmer has officially met their official beloved significant other. I ought to know. Pinkie helped me make this recipe when I first started dating Twilight. Bon A-ptete!" He then revealed their meal, a cannoli like pasta. "It smells delicious!" Starlight complemented. Garrett then gave each pony one slice of the meal. They all started eating the meal, talking about their lives and such.

Suddenly, there came a knock on the door. "I'll get it," said Garrett as he excused himself from the table to get the door. "Now who could that be?" He opened it, and Star Swirl then came in and asked, "Is it secret? Is it safe?" This confused Garrett as he asked in return, "Uh, why are you quoting Lord of the Rings?" Star Swirl looked around and said, "Forgive me... The Princess, where is she?" Garrett wasn't sure how to react, and awkwardly said, "Uh... Twilight? There's Somepony here to see you." Twilight went to the front and said, "Oh, hello Star Swirl!" Garrett looked at him and said, "Star Swirl? As in, Star Swirl the Bearded?" Twilight nodded in excitement. Star Swirl was basically her hero. "It's an honor to meet you Star Swirl," said Garrett, "my sister read me bedtime stories of your greatest adventures." Sunset and Starlight walked in, surprised to see him. "Hey Star Swirl," said Starlight. Star Swirl waved hello to the couple. "What's brought you here?" Twilight asked curiously.

"I've felt a great disturbance!" Star Swirl said with great concern. "What's wrong?" asked Sunset. "Dark Heart has returned!" said Star Swirl. This earned a gasp from Twilight, Garrett, and Sunset. "Wait, who's Dark Heart?" asked Starlight. "Dark Heart is a dark entity that was banished by The Pillars," explained Twilight. "He dragged Twilight and I into his dark dimension to try and use Twilight as a vessel for means of revenge," Garrett also explained. "And from what these two explained to me," said Sunset, "the way they defeated Dark Heart was their love for each other."

"How did he come back?" asked Twilight. "With the power of fear," said Star Swirl. "Uh-oh," said Garrett. "Uh-oh? What do you mean uh-oh?" asked Starlight. "For a while, I had a few nightmares about Dark Heart," said Garrett, "I had nightmares of him sucking me back into that dark dimension. Him taking you away from me, Twilight. I have a feeling my fear brought him back..." Twilight gently put her wing on Garrett's back in a comforting manner. "It's okay Garrett," said Twilight, "I had nightmares too..."

"He isn't strong enough to take on a solid physical form," explained Star Swirl, "however, he is able to feed off of the fear of every pony, and to turn it into magic. And this is where my news gets worse.  Lord Tirek has made a deal with Dark Heart. Now he is all powerful. And he wants revenge." More dread came to Twilight. "He's coming after me, isn't he?" she said with dread. "I'm afraid so..." Star Swirl said sadly. Garrett then gave a gasp of horror. "If he gets to Twilight," Garrett realized, "he'll come after Flurry Heart, and every other Alicorn and pony! Star Swirl, please tell me there's time to stop this Dark Heart fueled Tirek!"

"You'll be relieved to know that there is," said Star Swirl. "Good, because we better get your brother, his wife, Flurry Heart, and the princesses to the Crystal Mirror so they can hide in the human world!" said Garrett. "Why?" Twilight, Sunset, and Starlight asked in a shocked unison. "Cadence's castle will be the first thing Tirek might look for," explained Garrett, "this Tirek guy doesn't know about the human world, I think. We might have the advantage."

"That's actually not a bad idea," said Sunset. "I'll get your friends to come here, Twilight," said Starlight. "I'll get your brother, and Cadence, and Flurry Heart to the Crystal Mirror," said Garrett. He and Starlight then left the house, Garrett galloping to the castle. "Princess Twilight, Sunset Shimmer, I shall now teach you a spell that will banish Lord Tirek to The Void!" said Star Swirl.