Chapter 18

Chapter 18 Hungry Wolves and Untamed Beasts

~*~*

"Hunger is what makes a wolf ferocious."

~*~*

A month later——

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The tournament had reached the finals.

As predicted, Johoshi Private Academy and Torakī University shall battle while The Rascals and GoM shall engage in war.

~*~*
As Toraki was cheering themselves on and were doing warm ups, an old man with silver hair watched them.

"Torakī, fight!"

They laughed and giggled at their own antics.

A nostalgic smile decorated the old man's wrinkly face, his eyes also flashing nostalgia.

"Sir Tatsuo,you have—" a man in a suit tapped his shoulder, but was cut off by the old man himself.

"A meeting? Again? My son already inherited the company yet I still have to attend meetings. Fml," He sighed tiredly, brushing off the hand on his shoulder and turning his back to Torakī. He decided to walk away from them.

Before completely leaving, he glanced at the group of young prodigies, GoM.

"Hunger is what makes the wolves ferocious,"

He turned his gaze towards the blue sky.

"But beasts will always remain untamed, hungry or not."

Just then, Team Johoshi arrived at the venue.

~*~*
0-0

The start of first quarter. The first five's of each team lined up and bowed at each other.

Torakī's players were the original Generation of Miracles, the one without Kagami. On Johoshi was Katsuma, Tashiro, Arata, Soma and Tetsuya. Makoto was benched for some reason.

Tip off. With the height advantage, it was most likely for Murasakibara to get it but...

Arata got it. He tapped the ball towards Tashiro's direction who caught it in one hand and lazily dribbled it then passed it to his twin.

"The hell, Shiro?! You're not supposed to pass it to me!" Katsuma yelled, basically revealing a part of their plans.

"Change of plans." The bluenette answered and Katsuma ran as Aomine chased after him.

It was like seeing a repeat of Kagami vs Aomine all over again, but this time, Aomine was more powerful than he was back them, and so was his opponent.

Katsuma managed to outrun him without even breaking a sweat, passing it to Soma. The mercury eyed redhead smirked, fully aware that Akashi was guarding him.

Oh dear, Akashi sure was a pain in the ass.

But like he said, a pain in the ass, one you can easily get rid of. The redhead sadist  was about to use ankle break when the redhead demon ran away from him, darting to the other side of the court. He passed it to Katsuma who ran towards their ring, jumping higher than the giant center guarding it.

Katsuma got a dunk in.

0-2

In the favor of Johoshi.

~*~*
Second quarter.

Tetsuya never did do anything on the first quarter, just being a phantom. He did passes here and there, but nothing really remarkable. Torakī still doesn't know why he was the captain.