Chapter 22

Chapter 22 The Last Straw

~•~•

"There are three straws to trigger Tetsu's wrath. One; to insult his family, friends alike. Two; to hurt his loved ones. And three; to be yelled at ."

~•~•

"You f*cking bastard!!!!" Aomime's loud growl was enough to tell that he was angry at Arata.

As the medics carried Kagami out of the court, he marched to the foul player and aimed a punch into his face, only for a hand to easily stop his fist.

"Aomine," Tetsuya muttered, his eyes shadowed by his teal bangs. "Please remember that if you go any further, Toraki will be disqualified."

His speech came out as informative-- but his eyes held a different glint.

"It's your fault! He didn't mean to knock your teammate down!" The tanned man yelled, and the rascals swore, holy moly, whack-a-moly. Ahomine, you idiot!!

"Common, Tetsu! What the hell is wrong with you?!" It came out wrong-- what happened to you? Are you okay? This was what he was supposed to say.

"Well, Aomine...san. I'm afraid that you've yelled at me, and thus, breaking the last straw." Tetsuya's voice turned hollow as he clenched the Aomine's fist, making him express a pained expression.

"Shit, ow! Ittai! Holy shit... Let go!!" Seeing the heated discussion, the referee blew the whistle, saying, "One more offense, Johoshi. I won't tolerate it anymore."

The tealnette let go of his former partner, glaring rather harshly. He stepped back, falling into his designated position as Kise entered the court, forming the original GoM.

"Shin," he muttered through gritted teeth, "Pass me the ball."

A dangerous glint flashed through Shin's eyes.

~•~•

Well, that can't be good, Makoto muttered in his mind, praying in his heart.

"Wattara-san..?" Their manager asked, looking worriedly at him. "Is there a problem?"

"A-ah, nothing," really? "Just that, Tetsu's playing now."

"Huh?" The teenaged girl tilted her head, ah, this girl haven't seen the captain really play yet.

Team Johoshi felt pity for the manager-- she was going to get a huge shock later.

A player shivered saying, "Can anyone sub for the captain..?"

"Someone volunteer, we don't want the manager fainting.." Another one said, his eyes filled with pity.

A player raised his hand, sacrificing himself, "I'll sub in."

~•~•

"Team Johoshi calls for a player exchange!" The referee boomed, seeing the coach raise a hand. "Number 16 subs for number 1!"

Riko and Momoi exchanged looks, confused. "Why would they remove Tet-chan?" The pinkette muttered worriedly.

"It doesn't matter. Satsuki, go check on Kagami." Riko replied, urging her. She nodded in response and exited the court.

Riko raked her hair, an irritated sigh errupting from her mouth.

"What the hell is happening..?" Hyuga could only watch his girlfriend fall into a dilemma.

~•~•

"Peasant," Akashi murmured, his gaze directed to the player. "Why are you here?"

The said 'peasant' had his head lowered, bangs shadowing his eyes.

"Damn it! Why the heck is a weakling in here?" Aomine complained.

"I...want to...crush him." Came Murasakibara's intimidating reply.

"Hmph. Nanodayo~"

"Tch. I want Johoshicchi back in court."

The 'peasant' laughed-- the giggle of an innocent and friendly child. Slowly, he lifted his head, revealing a pair brown eyes.

"Nice to meet you, Kusakabe Oguri's big bro in service!"

~•~•

Guys, do you remember Oguri??

Kwahkhakhak. He was such a minor character I forgot his name, I had to look back on chapter 14.