Chapter 19

Chapter 19 Dark Field

~*~*

"The dark is my field, it is my world."

~*~*

67-80

The crowd were shook. After all these years, the generation of miracles finally returned, and their opponents had taken the lead? Impossible.

Kise breathed in, panting as sweat covered his whole body. "Ryouta," he stopped when Akashi called him.

"Hai, Akashicchi?"

"Focus on the game."

The blonde bishi slapped his cheeks in attempt to focus. But no matter what he did, his mind drifts off to what katsuma had said earlier. The gate? Garden of Eden? What the hell are those?

~*~*

"Momoi-chan," Riko called out to the manager, eyes focused on the on-going game.

"I know, Riko-chan," the pinkette murmured then turned her head to Midorima. "You also know about it don't you?"

"The gate to Eden has been opened." Riko,s eyes widened in bewilderment. Beside her Hyuga's voice furrowed.

He asked, "What gate?"

"If there's the door to the zone, then there's the gate to Eden." Midorima answered while pushing his glasses up. "The zone is... well known throughout the world of prodigies. But the gate... we don't even know how anyone can possibly get in there."

"Right. This wull be.. a huge shock to the prodigies once they learn about this." Momoi agreed, eyes trained on their opponents. "I can't believe this... I've been to their practices. But this.. this too much!"

"I learned about the gate when I was still young. My father— he told me about a legendary man. The gate had guards. The man asked for permission to enter once, but they didn't let him." Riko supplied, clutching the folders on her hand.

"Some time after, the man encountered strong opponents. He once again found himself in front of the gate. However this time, he didn't need to ask for permission to enter. Upon feeling his presence and seeing his figure, the gatekeepers bowed— and even knelt down to him."

As she finished, team Toraki's jaws were dropped to the floor.

"How did your dad know about this?" a member choked out.

Riko smiled proudly as pride swelled in her heart. "That man was his mentor."

~*~*

"Team Johoshi has called a time out!"

Riko froze. Sje was about to call a time out then, but Johoshi was the one who did. Her eyes narrowed, w
what are they planning?

Just then, "NNAAAAAAAANNNNII!!?"

Toraki's eyes snapped towards the opposing team who looked surprused as hell. Little did they know, someone from hell did surprise the team.

"What da pak? Are you serious?" Katsuma asked, wide-eyed.

"A-are you even a player, Sagatsuo-san?" a random teammate inquired the strategist.

Shin smirked, taking his glasses up. "Of course, I am one of the rascals, after all."

"Shin," Tetsuya called out fron the far corner, making the team finslly notice him. "Don't go killing people, will you?"

Shin raised an amused eyebrow. "Oh? When we were children, you used to tell me to do so."

There teammates sweatdropped while the rascals paled at the memory.

"Yeah, but that'd my job now."

Accompanied by a devious grin.

~*~*

Toraki was surprised when the line-up suddenly changed, and what surprised them the most was when they saw Johoshi's supposedly strategist wearing a jersey.

"He's a player?" Aomine smirked.

"Eh~"Kise whined.

"That's surprising." Kagami mused.

"How amusing." Midorima noted. "But I must warn you that it's no surprise if he can open the gate."

"Satsuki. Do you know about this?" Akashi asked, although it seemed more like a command.

"No. I haven't even seen him hold a ball." surprise was written on Satsuki's face as she mused.

Riko stuttered, "Kuro— I mean, Johoshi-kun is also playing this time."

Turning to the opponents, Team Toraki couldn't help but notice the numbers on the players' backs.

Tetsuya was number 1, then Shin was 2. Soma was 3, Katsuma was 4. And lastly, Tashiro had number 5 on his back.

"Are those ranks or what?"

"I think this is their original line-up."

After this comment, they took another look at their opponents. They had chabged the uniform. Instead of dark blue ones with black JOHOSHI on it, it was a pure black with the word RASCALS written in white.

"R-rascals..?"

As the referee told them to get on court, Kise, Akashi, Aomine, Murasakibara and Kagami entered the court.

"What I don't understand is, why is Kuroko their captain?"

-

Short chapter!

My mom's pregnant, I was grounded. So yeah,I'm busy with school too.

fml.