Chapter 22

Chapter 22 Effort

~•~•

"A hundred pieces of hardwork can never beat a piece of talent."

~•~•

The brown-eyed male cheekily smiled-- like a little child who thought he knew everything.

His brown hair wasn't curly like Oguri's, it was messy instead, and with strange white streaks that looked like someone painted his hair and ended up as a mess.

"Oguricchi's... older brother?" Kise blinked owlishly. The GoM knew of Oguri, and they themselves acknowledge him.

Now, "Yep. I'm Kusakabe Rein, nice to meet'cha!" What was up with this overly cheeky guy?

Rein? Midorima's eyes narrowed calculatively. That's one weird name.

Kise thought, Is that even Japanese?

Murasakibara growled, and Aomine merely smirked. "Go die." That was Akashi, by the way.

And thus, the battle began.

~•~•

It was suddenly very different. From the play that Johoshi had shown earlier-- to something different.

They were working as a team, like they had something planned. Unlike earlier when they just do whatever the hell they want to.

Rein's movements were soft, soft, soft. And somehow, it made the GoM alarmed. After all, how can he do a vanishing drive with soft movements?

He moved like a jellyfish, but even more elegantly.

A ball thrown his way, he manouveired it to another direction, eyes closed-- and the feeling of calmness overcoming him.

Riko saw it too, it was different-- unlike Kuroko's passes. It flowed like water; calm, serene, and... still.

The moment the ball connected to Arata's hand, Rein's eyes snapped open.

"Hah!" Was the auburnhead's pant as he landed after successfully breaking through guards and shooting a lay-up.

Rein smiled fondly at his junior teammates, the smile turning sweeter as he turned to Toraki.

Creepy guy, the GoM could only think, eyeing him weirdly.

Aomine caught the ball in his two hands, driving past Tashiro's guard with animalistic movements, matching with the look on his eyes.

Giving a dunk, he smirked at the bluenette. Hah, I passed you.

Tashiro adjusted his wristbands, cracking his neck like a scavenger ready to hunt his prey--- the tanned male currently smirking at him.

"Pass me the ball," was his order, followed by the orange matter coming in contact with his calloused hands.

Turning right, he passed through Kise, but came into a halt as Murasakibara guarded him. A grin, then the next thing Kise saw was blue and purple attacking and defending.

As Murasakibara spread his arms, Tashiro moved forward, boldly--- thatwas so unlike him, the GoM failed to notice--- and because of that, they couldn't move when be passed the ball to another player.

"Idiots," he murmured, poking his tongue out before exposing a wicked grin.