Chapter 9 - Racing Rebels

"He cheated," the Lucas guy replied quivering slightly. I dropped his shirt as he crumbled to the floor, before getting up and acting strong. But I could see in his eyes he was scared for nearly 'giving his secret away' to me. 

"Oh so that gave you the right to do THIS!" Stone yelled obviously pissed. 

"But he came up beside me and pulled out a gun. If we hadn't of been nearing all of you he would of killed me," He said quickly. But, as clichè as it is, I heard his heart skip a few beats as he recounted the story. Meaning he lied. Now even though shifters have heightened senses they are not that good at detecting heartbeats when so many other people are around too. 

"Liar," I plainly stated. He turned to me in a hard glare. Which only made Stone growl. 

"What the hell did you say? You know nothing!" He exclaimed. 

"If you look at the winner's hand closely you can see there occurring pen smudges on his left hand meaning he is left-handed. Now if that were true he would of had to of opened up the left window since he was driving to the right of you. However that can not be possible as you can see all the dust that has piled up on that window meaning it hasn't been opened in round about 3 months. Am I right?" I asked turning to the victor.

"3 and half months," he gasped out. I saw everyone looking at me stunned, awed or once again jealousy. 

"How could you possibly know that?" I heard Stone ask me with his stupidly sexy voice. Oh you know no reason, just the fact that my senses are even more heightened than yours and I have been trained to see these sorts of things since I was 4 years of age. 

Stupid, stupid Malice. You should have kept your mouth shut. I ranted in my head completely oblivious that everyone was still waiting for an explanation. "My dad used to be a private investigator, I learnt a few things." I simply lied. 

The response were just some head nodding or shaking. "Take him away," I heard Stone mutter under his breath as 2 men came and took the Lucas guy away. "On with the races!" Stone simply shouted. He walked even closer to me and whispered "You're up next sweet cheeks, against me." 

I turned around and kneed him in his groin. He fell to his knees holding his...downward region. I bent down and simply explained by saying "What did I say about calling me sweet cheeks?" 

I got up and walked back over to my car, jumping in and driving over to the starting line. Stone pulled up on the left side of me. Just as the slutty dressed girl came out to start the race we could hear cop sirens in the background. "COPS!" Some random dude yelled as people started running to their cars.

"Fuck," I muttered. Although technically if I got arrested I could get my self out, that would start a lot of questions and drama. I drove out onto the streets and started racing back to my house with Stone and his buddies close on my tail, as well as the cops. I saw that the boys realised this and took a different turn. I on the other hand kept going. 

I saw 4 cop cars go after them and only 1 after me. Wrong move. I saw an alleyway coming up and just as I was about to drive past it I rapidly turned the wheel and put my foot on the pedal. I looked back to the the police car had gone past the turn. This gives me some time as they try to get back here. 

I kept driving going through an internal map I had, thanks to being an element witch. I ended up at a dead end but on the other side there was a small patch of the woods that lead to my house. I quickly visualised where I wanted to go and after a quick shimmer both the car and I were on the other side of the wall. I calmly drove the rest of the way home leaving my car round the back just in case the cops came round. I also placed the same spell that I did on the children that one time when a human was coming up. An invisibility spell.