[7] ° Knock Knock

The stairs wasn't that far away, so she maneuvers herself through the crowd. She climbs up immediately and turns left, got distracted by someone's outfit for the night- only to get spilled with the red, fruity cocktail she was previously drinking.

Her mood worsened. So not only is she sad and bored, but she felt a little humiliated. There were only like three people who saw the scenario, but still, that was not reassuring.

"Oh fΩck," the guy curses shamelessly. "Sh!t, I'm so sorry."

Jeongyeon immediately recognized the man in front of her. Why wouldn't she? Park Jimin was a guy she despised; always making fun of her short hair (which still is today) and making her look like a fool back in high school.

Surprisingly, he looked manly and mature in that suit he's wearing. But who the heck wears a suit in a casual reunion?

And surprisingly, he recognized her.

"Oh wait, Yoo Jeongyeon, right?" And now he's speaking in his native (Busan) accent instead of the standard one he always uses back in high school.

"Yeah," she slowly responds while looking down at her sweater. She quickly holds the article away from her tank top after spotting the big, wet stain. Red droplets went to her shoes and the floor.

"That's me."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that."

Jeongyeon smiles and shrugs casually. "I know. I was on my way to the bathroom anyways. It's fine."

Jimin smiles back quickly, and Jeongyeon finds no mischief behind it. How odd. "Sorry again, but I gotta go. My wife's finally giving birth to our son today."

Her eyes widened. He looks awfully calm for a fact like that. "Oh, th-then why are you still here? Go on!"

He bows politely at her with a smile that stayed the same and starts descending the stairs.

What the heck was he even doing in the reunion if today was his wife's...

He might've been forced by said wife.

Park Jimin, a husband and a father? It was amusing, shocking, but it's real alright. Hopefully the child doesn't inherit his notorious personality. Jeongyeon smiles slightly at the thought.

She proceeds to the bathroom, finding a rug before turning the shiny lever handle door knob and pushing the door open.

The knob was locked but the door gave way anyways. And even the bathroom looks grand. The lights were already on. It also smells like mint and fruits here, and, weirdly enough, an alcoholic beverage. Like the fruity cocktail. Maybe she's smelling herself.

Jeongyeon made sure to close and lock the door properly before facing the mirror. She inspects the stain again before taking her sweater off and setting it on the dry granite next to the grey vessel sink. Her white tank top had a stain on it too, so she searches the bathroom for a tissue and spots it. Are tissues a good idea?

"What the-?"

Jeongyeon jumps and yelps, heart palpitating after hearing an unexpected baritone voice echo in the room. She inhales sharply, hips hitting the sink as she turns to the source of the voice.

A stranger, a man, moved the semi-opaque shower curtain aside slightly, revealing only his face with the rest of his body obscured by the bathtub.

She only focused on his face. His amused face. A handsome face. Oh. Curse her singularity.

"Wait, you're..." Jeongyeon recalls while hugging her sweater over her front out of reflex like she was bare naked, her mind starting to calm back down. "Uh, who are you again? Sorry, I wasn't- I didn't know someone else was in here."