[2] ° TT

"Just so you know, I'll treat you how I check my students' papers."

"How exactly...?"

"Slam you on my table and do you all night."

Jeongyeon blushes as she makes a sound in her throat. "You're so dirty. Geez!"

Taehyung laughs again like he always does, internally feeling proud to pull that off easily. He loves her reactions. His laugh died down, and she calmed down too. And soon, they were engulfed in a silence that they both thought should be filled once again, just to get back to the jokeful atmosphere they had.

As Jeongyeon went back to examining the shower curtain, trying to look casual and collected, Taehyung on the other hand, lets his alcohol-tainted mind run wild.

She looked so beautiful, more beautiful than before, and he was so tempted to kiss her lips. He imagined teasing her, getting wet with her, making out with her right in that bathtub. He imagined a moment wherein Jeongyeon confesses, imagined that maybe, just maybe, she likes him too. And they'd break out of the bathroom and go home together.

He just wasn't in the right mindset to do that bold action.

The moment from Minho breaking the door open to Dahyun teasing the two, was something that would've happened too... If the three guys reported the incident to Jackson. But they didn't.

The silence extends, but what makes it a good silence is that it turned from awkward to... normal. Like a good silence between people who used to be close friends.

He decides to lean back on the curved bathtub and closes his eyes, trying to relax and enjoy her company while also trying not to fantasize about said company.

"No more pick-up lines?" She questions and Taehyung only hums in response.

"Do you have anything to do after this?"

Taehyung abruptly opens his eyes and looks directly at her.

"No. Why?"

"Well, I just remembered that I will buy some ingredients tomorrow for the rice cakes. Prepare for the lunar new year and all that."

Taehyung frowns.

"I thought you were gonna ask me out for a moment."

She snorts. "First of all, I have priorities. Like a responsible adult would have. Second, you're the boy so you should be the one asking me out."

Taehyung gapes. "Okay, first of all, I am also a responsible adult. You just haven't seen it yet. Second, it's almost twenty eighteen. Girls can ask out too. And third, are you giving me a hint to court you!?"

"Don't get ahead of yourself, idiot." But Jeongyeon was grinning in amusement, and she just likes how he keeps her entertained. It was like they weren't accidentally locked in a bathroom in the first place.

"And no, we just met again. I'm not... really ready to jump into another relationship again. Plus, you're drunk. You might not remember this again."

"I am not drunk enough to black the hell out and not remember what we are doing right now. Not all drunk people are like that, you know."

Jeongyeon huffs. "I guess I'm more of a wine person. Certainly not a lightweight too."

Taehyung rolls his eyes but smiles anyway, because that's the truth. He's a damn lightweight and he hates it, but at the same time, he loves it about himself.

After that, they both heard Jackson pipe up with a mic, presumably to start their countdown like Westerners would do.

"Hey Jeongyeon."

"Hm?"

"There's something I gotta tell you."

"Oh. What is it?"

~•♤•~

Almost there

Almost there. Five hundred more words to go.

Thank you to
naas_gd
(because you are really sweet and caring, but I'm sorry for this short chapter. Look forward to next one though!)
peachchoco101
(for adding my story to your list. I feel a tad bit special because you only have like... 3 stories in that list, but yeah, I'll make sure this story is worthy enough for you to keep that in your list!)

cloudykaden and Camcam2115
(I saw your comments at the Jeongyeon × Jimin ff written by @happy_seoul and I just want to tag you and let you know that this is also an ff wherein Jeongyeon is shipped with someone else other than Jimin or Namjoon :) I hope you notice this!)
(PS I am totally not desperate for readers.)
Also, to @happy_seoul
(I love your ff and it's in my library. Waiting for your next update so good luck!)

You will all have the final chapter tomorrow... Maybe. I aim to finish before 2018 comes so, please support me. I'm going crazy with the deadline T_T ahahaha-

12/30/17