Special {3}

[17] Stiff

His heart pounded, and there was a high-pitched frequency deafening his ears that made his grip on the weaponry shake ever so slightly. He squints through the scope of his sniper, following the bride walking on the reddish-brown aisle. The flower girls behind her littered the aisle with white and red rose petals, eyes unsuspecting and innocent.

He released a shaky sigh.

The church organ resonated, loud and clear for the outsiders to know that a wedding was happening. He nibbled at his bottom lip, a habit he developed when he felt nervous. Pride didn't let him admit that. But he wasn't calm. He wasn't comfortable. He didn't like what he was about to do. He had been five years on the job, but he just had to feel the unshakeable feeling of guilt right now.

He aimed his sniper to the man clad in a neat tuxedo, nearest to the altar, standing tall and happy, and maybe even teary-eyed.

Kim Namjoon was written in the email.

Taehyung's target. Worth a ton. Enough to support himself.

Goodness, why did it have to be Kim Namjoon of all people? Was this his punishment for killing hundreds?

Taehyung swallowed again and leaned back. He watched the beautiful woman continue walking.

How can he be so selfish?

She was so beautiful. So pretty and bright, like a diamond shining in a dark cavern where no life can be found. All he saw was her back, the long, white veil being held by two girls behind her. She must be just as nervous as the groom, and knowing that this is her--their wedding day, made Taehyung's eyes pool, feeling inconsolable. He was not doing this right now. No emotion should be involved in his work.

Nothing.

He leaned forward, eyes squinting once again as he peered through his scope. His index finger itched on the trigger guard. He focused on the man, Namjoon, his chest aching faintly. The best man nudged Namjoon by the arm, and then Namjoon grinned widely at him before looking back at his... Future wife. He just looked so...

Happy. Like the happiest man alive.

His fingers faltered, the index just an inch away from the trigger.

Once he sets his mind in accomplishing his task, it will just take a second for his finger to end another life. The church organs will stop. The guests will freak out. The priest will pray. All will run away from their pews.

The bride...

"Jeongyeon."

The name of the woman who will soon have her groom on the floor, bleeding and dead. Taehyung forced himself to hold a firm face.

"I love you."

And there goes the bullet.

A loud bang emitted inside the church that stood firmly still. A window crashed. The wedding was crashed.

Taehyung closed his eyes, tears finally dropping.

"I love you so much."

He sat stiffly on the ground, the sniper suddenly afire in his hands. His heart cracked, just like the bride.

~•♤•~

Inspired from a pic from pinterest. And I swear, the special mentions will be at the next chapter. The internet won't be available for a week, maybe so... Good luck to me. But yeah, I am NOT ending this book. Not yet anyways haha. Hope you enjoyed a shot of #Jeongtae.

02-02-18