Special [7.5]

In which Jeongyeon is too pretty and Taehyung is too handsome.

~•♤•~

        There's no denying that Taehyung is drop dead gorgeous. He could knock air out of your lungs just by looking at you with his penetrating gaze, with a smug upturn of his perfectly shaped lips, with a face seemingly crafted by the gods themselves. He looks completely surreal, and his face is one of the reasons he caught Jeongyeon's attention (and heart). Look at him from any angle—you won't have any blackmail material on him. His deep voice is a bonus too. Jeongyeon likes his voice; so masculine and something out of her wild fantasies. He looks and sounds unbelievable, but it's the fact that he knows this that makes her mad and crazy. He knows he's that good-looking, so he carries himself as if he's untouchable; not in the douchebag way, just someone so superior he could step on your face and you'd feel blessed. It's a reputation now.

        That confidence is a turn on . . . but sometimes Jeongyeon wishes people would lay off her man.

        He could make anyone question their sexuality. It's infuriating. Not only does she have to worry about fawning girls, she has more competition now that boys are turning gay for him.

        That's why Jeongyeon finds herself silently seething when she catches Jimin wrapping his arms around Taehyung from behind, all too affectionate and bubbly and they're both smiling, their voices in a low volume because they're in the middle of an almost empty library. Almost empty because she's there. It makes Jeongyeon wanna burn Jimin. And Taehyung looks like he's lowkey flirting back by pawing at his best friend's hands.

        Motherf—

       They're best friends—Taehyung and Jimin. That's okay. She can tolerate the fact that Jimin is on par with her in terms of closeness. After all, he's spent more time with Taehyung than her back in their childhood. Jimin's bisexual though, and it's threatening Jeongyeon like a pitchfork in fire. Taehyung is in a romantic relationship with Jeongyeon but Jimin has his arms around her man goddamnit.

        She stands up, does an unnecessary hair flip to boost her game, picks up her books, and approaches them with a shady smile. It's the questionable kind, the kind that she puts on when she's obviously up to no good, plotting or scheming because she's just like that.

        And Taehyung recognizes it from a mile away. He's been a victim of that smile. Reminds him of what she's capable of.

       "Taehyung, I almost didn't see you there." She glances at Jimin. "Hey there, Jimin."

       "Hi Jeongyeon," Jimin greets, smiling back. He's cute, and she would've found the smile cordial and endearing if it weren't for the position he's in. "Aren't you supposed to be in class? It's Tuesday, y'know."

      "Oh, I totally know," she drawls and takes a seat beside Taehyung, supposedly Jimin's seat but he's busy back hugging her boyfriend. "But my teacher's giving us free time in the lib. Research and shit. What're you guys up to?" There's a glint in her eyes that Taehyung doesn't miss when she turns her body to their direction. "People would assume a lot from what you two are doing right now."

        Jimin raises an eyebrow. How dare he. "Uhm, it's nothing lewd though, just a bro hugging his bro."

        Jeongyeon nods in a manner that screams are you sure about that? and swallows the urge to snarl at him.

        "Jimin, Park Jimin." There's someone calling Jimin's attention and when all of them look at the caller, they see Jimin's classmate. Jeon something. "We were supposed to start brainstorming for the presentation on Thursday. You're the only one missing."