[8]

2:15 AM

        Jeongyeon lay awake in the darkness with the aircon blasting off by her legs, listening to the static on Taehyung's end. Her eyelids were getting too heavy, but their conversation was much heavier to let go. She'd been so open and vulnerable, and Taehyung poured his heart and soul as the time passed. She greatly appreciated moments like this, despite the exposure that felt like stripping herself naked in front of Taehyung. Not that she hadn't done so before. But, a moment like this was different. It's special, and so tender that Jeongyeon wished she was right next to Taehyung. Unfortunately, she couldn't. Such is the fate of a long-distance relationship.

        "Tae," she called.

        "Yeah?"

        "How many pillows d'you got there?"

        "Three."

        "Hug one." Jeongyeon pulled her big stuffed toy and embraced it. "I'll hug my teddy bear and pretend it's you. I'll even put my legs over it."

        Taehyung smiled tiredly on the other end of the line. "That's cute."

        Jeongyeon started making kissing noises, imagination filled with her pecking Taehyung's face, to which Taehyung closed his eyes to, and hugged his pillow tightly while kissing back. This expression of affection would have to do for now.

        "I don't wanna sleep yet," Jeongyeon murmured.

        Taehyung moaned. "I'm sleepy."

        "I don't want to leave call."

        "You don't have to," Taehyung said before yawning. "Stay here in call with me."

        Jeongyeon yawned. Staying and sleeping in call with him wasn't a big deal. Not at all. She welcomed it, unlike before, when wifi connection was problematic. That being said, she'll have to wait for tomorrow for now. Or was it later? Exhaustion was taking over before she could even muster a quick glance at her phone for the time. It was most likely past 12AM anyway.

       "Alright, babe," she started. "I love you."

        "Me too."

        Jeongyeon laughed, a bit dead though. "You love yourself."

        "Yeah. But I love you too." He ended it with a loud smack of his lips.

        She snuggled on to her stuffed toy. "Sweet dreams."

7/17/20