[¤] ° Young Forever

Young Taehyung was in his last year of elementary when he had first seen and noticed Yoo Jeongyeon.

That day, Son Chaeyoung was supposed to be in charge of watering the fern plants just outside their classroom. But she was pulled out for reasons regarding her sports team.

Kim Taehyung was next on the list.

Taehyung had the watering sprayer of the class in his hand, and he was heading down to the little garden. It was a little late after dismissal, so he assumed there would be a little number of students tending to their little class plants. He was right.

Yoo Jeongyeon was one of them though.

Brown, choppy hair in a boy cut lightly swayed, but she had the healthiest-looking skintone he has ever seen in his batch. She was crouching down the ground, skirt dangerously hiking down her thighs because of the shameless position.

She looked like she was looking for something, but Taehyung had his eyes focused on her appearance.

Mainly her thighs but that was irrelevant.

And goodness, she looked like a tomboy.

~•♤•~

Taehyung recognized her as Jimin's little toy of entertainment. Well, one of Jimin's little toys. Jimin was such a bully back then, but Taehyung could prove Jimin was one of the loyal best friends he ever had.

It was lunch time when Taehyung went over to Hoseok's classroom. At that year, Taehyung and Hoseok were close friends, and Taehyung hadn't considered Jimin a best friend yet. When he trespassed Hoseok's classroom, Jimin's voice resonated, a voice he recognized immediately because it sounded like it was still about to be dealt with by puberty.

"Aye, aye, Jeong-Jeong! Let me fix your hair~!"

"Shut it, you short, stupid, fat-face!"

It was just another childish quarrel between the both of them. But it looked like both of them were getting handsy; Jimin tugging lightly at her short hair and Jeongyeon slapping away his little hands.

Hoseok made an apologetic smile at Taehyung before calling out Jimin's name.

"Chiminie!"

The short boy's head snapped to their direction. The girl, Jeongyeon, looked at their direction too. Taehyung only looked back at Jimin, who was eyeing him closely.

They became acquainted that day.

~•♤•~

First year of high school, Taehyung was a little disappointed that he didn't get to be in the same class as Hoseok, Jimin, or any of his close friends.

He saw new and old faces in his new class, but he did manage to be in different social circles. And what he considered a bonus was that Jimin's and Hoseok's class was paired with his, so they join classes every physical education period.

And poor Jeongyeon was in the same class as Jimin.

One gym class, they had free time. A once in a lifetime thing. Taehyung loved free times, because that's the only time he gets to play basketball with the other boys.

And then Jimin had to start a quarrel again with Jeongyeon.

Taehyung watched from the sidelines, occasionally glancing at the game he wasn't in then back to Jimin and Jeongyeon.