[1] ° Run

"There's something I gotta tell you."

Jeongyeon noticed the whole seriousness of his mood and sits up slightly to match his posture. He looked like he was about to drop a bomb and blame her for it. His eyes are noticeably round and large this time, lips pressed firmly tight as he thinks over his words.

"I may be an elementary teacher, but I have another job that I can't reveal to anyone."

"Really?"

Maybe an agent? She thinks. Those are real, right?

"Really," he says with total honesty, or so it seems. "It's against the law to reveal this secret to any civilian, but I think you are trust-worthy enough to know thy future husband's secret job."

Her eyebrows twitched. Now she's not going to take him seriously.

She shows it by making an exasperated smile. "Oh really? I don't know. I already have a fiance so..."

"Hm-! You said you were single!?"

"Just kidding."

Taehyung scowls. "That was so not funny. And I don't think you have an idea of how dangerous and bad this situation is."

"I'm locked in a bathroom with a drunk lightweight for- what, twenty minutes? How bad can this get?"

"Back to my point. I'm about-"

"-going to share a secret that's against the law. I know."

"Firstly, don't interrupt a superior." She makes a face. "Secondly, yes. Okay, so, I've had this job ever since I was a baby. Like, I'm so good at it, the government wouldn't even snatch the job away from me because I'm so perfect."

She grinds her teeth together, a laugh brewing within her. She probably looked funny to him. This is the alcohol talking, she thinks.

"I'm gonna cut to the chase," he says and looks around with a strong mask of seriousness, as if he had a feeling someone is close by.

She raises an eyebrow.

"I'm a certified time traveller."

~•♤•~

Taehyung was like a witness of a crime scene. It was true, but the case wasn't as bad as it sounds.

He just saw Kim Jisoo take the original voting box when Mr Cheng wasn't in the office, and replaced it with an identical one.

He didn't report her. He was that type of guy. No need to involve yourself into someone else's drama.

Then as days passed by, he noticed how dedicated the two candidates were when it came to the election of the representative of their batch. Jackson had past experiences in being a student leader, but Jeongyeon on the other hand had none. She was the only one who decided to challenge Jackson, working extra hard to get the position and move like she's worthy enough to be a representative.

The day when Mr Cheng announced who had majority of the votes was the day Taehyung saw something... alluring within Jeongyeon.

It was her sincerity.

Jackson looked so happy, and Jeongyeon was just so polite and poised and professional on stage, listening with interest to Jackson's speech. She bowed respectfully to the representative before departing the stage. For a moment, she didn't look like the girl he recognized as a tomboy.

He suddenly thought of reporting Kim Jisoo.

But why did he care anyways? Jeongyeon was nobody to him.