[5] ° Fun Boyz

"Taehyung, this isn't really funny."

"For me it is. You look cute when you look like that."

Jeongyeon sighs. "I don't wanna spend new year's eve in a bathroom with you.” And then she hastily adds, “no offense”.

“Certainly none taken.” Sarcasm, eyes gazing at the white ceiling despite the brightness of the lights.

“And you’re someone I... barely know."

Taehyung closes his eyes and snuggles in the bathtub, his back on the curved side of the bathtub where his head is near the bathtub faucet. He looks cozy there. "Disappointing. You know, you still look good with short hair. Did you keep that when you were in Italy?”

She didn’t answer. Just remained in silence and worrying a little for her old friends. They might be wondering where she had gone to, might be thinking she ‘left without a trace’. Surely Jackson or Minho would say something to them if they asked her whereabouts.

“There’s no point in being silent. You have to deal with this.”

Jeongyeon frowns.

“We can always use your phone to contact someone and get out of here, you know.”

“Maybe I don’t wanna go out. Come on. Just tolerate me while we’re still here.”

She looked unsure. At least there might be someone out there who plan on using this bathroom, right?

“Besides. It’s not like we’re gonna meet again right? Maybe the next ten years, maybe a coincidence- who the fΩck knows.”

He ends his statement with a wavering tone that implies he’s really drunk, and she thought he sounded funny.

Jeongyeon huffs and looks at the tissues again. Instead of using tissues though, she grabbed her own handkerchief and damps it in the water from the faucet sink before attempting to clean her tank top. She opted to sit on the granite before finally deciding to answer his question; to tolerate him.

He has the upperhand here anyways.

“Yeah I did. I... thought of growing my hair out but then, I decided that short hair is fine. For me.”

Taehyung smiled visibly. “I remember you because of that. Hey, remember when Jiminie was an ₪sshole, he cut a strand and you cried-”

“Ugh, wait, you were there?” A memory had flashed in her mind. “You remember that?”

It was a horrible memory. She ugly-cried in the middle of class, cursing Jimin and glaring daggers at him until their gym teacher confronted them both.

Taehyung snickers while Jeongyeon makes a horrified expression.

“Of course! He used my scissors after all.”

“...what the heck is wrong with you?” She meant to sound angry and pissed, but that memory was a long, long time ago that she sounded exasperated and done with him instead.

“Oh!” He pipes up in an attempt to change the topic. “How about the time Sir Lee’s cover of an English song played in the PA? Nobody in our batch should be able to forget that.”

Classic.

A smile spreads on her face. “Oh yeah, oh my god.” Who would even forget about it?

Taehyung snickers. “We bribed Sehun to give us access to the PA system.”

“You and Jimin were responsible for that?” She didn't really remember who was responsible for it. Until now. Those two joining forces together always meant trouble. Always.