[6] ° Go Go

"It won't open." She turns the knob repeatedly.

"Huh?" was his only response.

"The door won't open."

"Let me help then," the guy, Taehyung says before he shuffles.

When he stepped out of the bathtub, Jeongyeon wasn't surprised that he practically loomed over her. The deep voice gave it away anyways.

His red-and-black jacket was open, revealing a white printed shirt that had red drops on some parts. Must have been from the drinks (fruity cocktail). He was wearing... white pyjamas with a print of what seems to remind her of pretty black doodles or tattoos on it; and his feet was bare.

...a queer outfit for a reunion. She wouldn't believe him if he came to the party wearing that. Perhaps he changed. Perhaps the pyjamas belonged to Jackson. That just makes it extra queer.

He trudges forward, eyes creepily lingering at her face before reaching out to the bathroom door. Indeed, the lever handle wouldn't turn. Jeongyeon watches him do a few turns, fiddle with the lock, pulling or pushing, then he steps back and shrugs casually.

"Oh well. I guess you'll stay stuck with me then."

"What?" The word was sharply thrown out in the air between them and she frowned.

First of all... how infuriating. He did not even try to get help from the people outside. They might hear them after all. Second, he's being that obvious and he has no shame at all. It was like being a teenager all over again!

"Move aside," Jeongyeon mutters and took the front. She bangs on the door and yelled, "someone help" multiple times.

Taehyung winced at the volume. "Hey, stop that."

Jeongyeon stops immediately, not because he said so but because she still has morals. And straightforwardly, she states, "uh, I don't wanna be stuck here with you."

Taehyung's eyebrows did a twitching movement before scoffing.

"I like liars."

"I don't even know you."

Hurt flashed before her eyes. "I'm gravely offended because you clearly don't remember me."

...definitely north gyeongsangdo; Daegu. He's either proud of his hometown and doesn't bother hiding the accent or he's just too drunk to switch back to the standard one.

He rolls his eyes and crosses his arms, leaning back on the tiles and pouting slightly. "How mean."

Jeongyeon leans back on the granite, eyebrows furrowing. "Kim Taehyung, Kim Taehyung, Kim Taehyung..."

His name rolled swiftly off her tongue, and he, for some reason, liked the way she says it. Must be her voice. Must be the alcohol.

That, or something else.

"I think we're not in the same class back in high school..."

Taehyung stared at her with a blank expression this time. She suddenly wonders what type of drunk person he could be. She couldn't hold eye contact with him anymore with that expression.

"...you look familiar though," she adds in hopes of sounding less mean.

Sigh. "Jiminie's weird-₪ss best friend."

Jeongyeon's eyes widened. Now that sparked up memories.

Kim Taehyung. Park Jimin's partner in crime. The charming weirdo. Doesn't try hard to be funny and plays basketball really good... she didn't know why she remembered the last one but that was certainly unnecessary.

"Ah, Kim Taehyung!"

"We shared gym together, since our classes were paired often." Taehyung murmurs like a kicked puppy, and Jeongyeon, for some reason... found it oddly adorable.

He walks back to the bathtub and lies back down. He released a satisfied sigh as he stretched there. His chocolate brown fringe almost reached his eyes though. Funny. She noticed such a small detail.

Jeongyeon looks back at her wristwatch. Seventeen minutes before new year.

She looks back at Taehyung and sighs.

"Hey, what's a stenographer?" He suddenly asks.

Jeongyeon raises an eyebrow, but wasn't surprised for that question. She gets that question often actually. But she's surprised that he remembers her job, her career. She stated it previously during the little program earlier.

In the simplest way she can, she starts. "I... write what I hear in shorthand. Writing shorthand is like, writing shortcuts for letters or words. It's the reason why I was in Italy years ago. I had to learn a different language and master English just to be a stenographer."

Taehyung closes his eyes and smiles. "That must be hard to do."

"It's not hard anymore if you're a pro so..."

There was a little silence between them, and Jeongyeon suddenly wished she was a chatterbox like Dahyun. Jeongyeon was more of a listener. Was Taehyung noisy back in high school? She thinks he was, being Park Jimin's best friend. But why do they have to create small talk anyways? She doesn't plan on staying there.

Jeongyeon pulls out her phone.

The device was very hot in temperature. She seriously has to buy a new one. Her phone's just about to turn five years old after all.

She glances back at Taehyung, who didn't bother to avert his eyes once she caught him looking at her.

How bold.

She looks back down at her cellphone.

"I'll try calling Jacks-" she stops shortly, realizing her phone was powered off. Oh dear. Perfect timing.

Why does it have to be zero percent when she needs it?

"What?" Taehyung pipes up in that deep baritone voice of his.

"My phone died on me," she murmured before sighing. "I suppose you can use your phone to call Jackson?"

Taehyung grins deviously, tongue caught between two rows of teeth.

"I do, but I have no reason to call Jackson now, do I?"

~•♤•~

Notice that I'm not attaching honorifics when they mention names? I'm going with that style actually

Notice that I'm not attaching honorifics when they mention names? I'm going with that style actually. I don't like to write the incorrect honorifics.

I'd like to mention
ChensWifeu
(Thank you for being a 20 Minutes Left reader!)
and Yuyu_yeolly
(yes, Jimin has a wife in this ff. Haha.)
Thank you for the votes too, because that means really well to me.

Continue supporting this fanfic and I.
Next chapter will be published tomorrow :)

12/26/2017