Special {4}

Jeongyeon didn't know, but she was pouting a little while she walked with a friend to the school's canteen. Tzuyu, although inexperienced in many aspects of life like love, was receiving an abnormal number of flowers, chocolates, teddy bears—the usual valentine gifts. Well, she received from six guys, but still, that's a lot.

Tzuyu was glowing in happiness as she carried a heart-shaped box of white chocolates from a girl named Sana, a transfer student.

That just made six guys and a girl.

"Are you gonna take A, or Z?" Tzuyu asked, referring to the student meals.

"I'm just gonna have Pocari," Jeongyeon murmured.

Jeongyeon's a studious person, just like any other Korean student, actually. But she's extremely devoted to her studies, often reading textbooks and online articles about politics in her free time. Her sisters influenced her. Studies before romance, they said. Getting in the Top 10 was listed in her top priorities. Romance was "just a waste of time" to her, and that was what she always thought; but deep within her, she knew this issue will bother her one day.

Just like now, on the 14th of February.

She looked around, seeing some students grasping bouquets of flowers, or fluffy stuffed toys. One girl even held a box of imported chocolates. Couples were holding hands, showing public display of affection because this is a special day, and student monitors don't get to rat them out to the principal of discipline today. Heck, even a teacher was receiving gifts from his students and fellow teachers.

She considers herself an average when it comes to her looks. She's not ugly, but then she's not beautiful either. She's average, but... that should be enough for the boys' standards on women in terms of looks, correct? She's also intelligent.

So why was no one interested in her then?

She tried to look like she wasn't bothered by the mere thought. She's Yoo Jeongyeon, known for her tough-looking expression, but also for her productive, strong and caring nature. Anybody who gets to crush on her would be very lucky... or so her parents said.

Jeongyeon sucked it up and continued on to her day. It was finally dismissal time and she was looking forward to studying at the students' lounge. The lounge was like a huge hall with lengthy windows open to fresh air and afternoon sunlight. There were only three tables in the lounge, but they were drawn-out, stretching for about a good 60 meters. It was enough for a huge number of students to fit in and study altogether.

She walked towards a part of a table where a line of universal outlets were located. A guy was using one of the outlets. If she recalled correctly from Tzuyu, the name of the guy was "Bambam", and next to him was "Jungkook", both boys two years younger than her. They were facing laptops and large workbooks, though it seemed they weren't too immersed in their activity. They were amidst a conversation when they both noticed her approaching with her things. Automatically, they scooted aside to provide her space, knowing she was going to charge a gadget.

Setting down her things, Jeongyeon ran through a mental checklist she created just moments ago. She charged her laptop and began doing a worksheet in one of the subjects she's having difficulties with: English. She would ask Mina for help, but the girl was at ballet practice.

Funny. Free time on the 14th of February was spent studying.

She flipped over to the next page of a workbook. A little later, someone's footsteps thundered into the lounge.

"Jeongyeon!"

She paused from reading, looking over her shoulder to see who called.

The caller was Kim Taehyung, the school boy already changed into his baseball outfit. His hair bounced as he jogged towards her, eyes bright. She turned her body towards him as he approached.