Chapter 18

BAHAGYA nang nakakatulog si Georgina nang maramdaman niyang kumilos si Vicente. Humarap ito sa kanila ni Mary, parang inaaninag ang sanggol, hinawakan pa sa pisngi. Hindi naman tuminag ang sanggol.

Hindi naman nagtagal ay bumaba sa kama si Vicente. Akala niya ay lilipat na ito ng kuwarto at nakadama siya ng inis. Hindi na nga talaga yata siya gusto nito.

Pero agad naglaho iyon nang makita niya kung ano ang ginawa nito. Binuhat nito si Mary, kasama ang comforter na hinihigaan at inilipat sa kabilang kama.

Napanganga siya sa dilim. Parang siniguro muna nitong maayos ang higa ni Mary bago iniwan. Bumalik ito sa kanyang kama.

"Excuse me, alam kong gising ka pa," wika nito.

Sa halip na sumagot, tumalikod siya. Pakiramdam niya ay aatakihin siya sa puso nang sumukob sa kumot niya si Vicente, and then he placed his arm across her side. She also felt that hard thing pressing against her buttocks.

She seemed to feel everything, even his breath. He was now nuzzling her nape. Nag-unahan sa pagtayo ang mga balahibo niya sa katawan. Ginapangan siya ng sangkaterbang kilabot—just like the first time.

"Vicente," anas niya.

"Hmmn?" From her arm, lumipat ang kamay nito sa may tiyan niya, pababa, and she knew his hand was moving towards the hemline of her shirt. Itinaas nito iyon at pumaloob ang kamay nito.

"Nagbibiro lang naman ako, eh." The words came out as a whimper because he was already kissing her ear.

"Too bad, I'm not." Kinabig siya nito paharap dito. "I'm serious about this," bulong nito, the words warm against her gaping mouth. His mouth settled over hers, warmly with the tenta­tiveness of a butterfly landing on a flower. and just like a butter­fly, his lips stayed only teasing seconds before they lifted from her mouth.

She moaned in protest despite her head telling her to stop him before he kiss her again. Alam niyang masusundan ang halik na iyon. He always kissed her like that before. She also knew that the next kiss would be aggressive.

Hindi nga siya nagkamali. Before she could even make up her mind whether to protest or not, he caught her mouth again with an aggression that tilted her head back as he parted her lips. His tongue slid forward, tasting, probing, feeling. before long, she found herself engaged in an exciting and erotic game she remembered referring to as "tongue-tagging."

The more she moaned, the deeper he kissed her.

The moment she responded to his kiss, her hands, and soon her whole body, followed suit. Narinig niya itong umungol nang damhin niya ang dibdib nito. in one swift movement, he was on top of her.

Her breasts were squeezed under his broad chest, while against her stomach, his desire was so evidently pressed. She felt feverish as the purest passion rushed through her whole being.

Despite the years that kept them apart, she had never forgotten how he made love. Noong una niyang maranasan ang ganoon, aminado siyang hindi lang pagmamahal kay Vicente ang dahilan ng pagpapaubaya niya. Malaking bahagi rin niyon ang kuryusidad.

But now, she was no longer curious. She already knew how delightful it would feel once he decided to deliver those wonderful little kisses all over her body.

Right now, he still seemed not to get enough of her mouth. He was still kissing her as if he was trying to drain her mouth of its sweetness.

Mainipin siyang tao, pero sa pagkakataong iyon, nakahanda siyang maghintay dahil alam na niya kung ano ang naghihintay sa kanya. Now, if only life was like lovemaking, wala sigurong taong nagmamadali. Kung alam ng mga tao ang kagandahan at kaligayahang naghihintay sa kanila, they would learn to just stop and smell the roses, kagaya ng ginagawa niya ngayon.

She was just letting him make love to her the way he wanted to—slowly, gently. And though the need to possess her was very evident, he wasn't rushing her as though he never wanted her to regret that night. Every kiss, every touch was planted in her memory. He wasn't just making love to her, he was making himself a part of her. Again.