Chapter 18

“This place looks exactly how I remembered,” Josh sighed
I smiled.
“Wait something’s different,” he said walking around the room.
I rolled my eyes and went straight into the kitchen to get ice cold water. 
“Venky, he poked his head in the kitchen.
“Hummh,” I replied.
“It's the couch, isn't it?” He asked like he'd just solved some major world crisis.
“Yes,” I affirmed.
“Why? I loved that couch, we've had some amazing times on that comfy little thing,” He said.
And as if that was the cue all I could think about was our passionate time on that couch. I quickly recovered and replied, “It got bugged with termites.”
“Ow,” he said and made a stupid face.
“Kalsi, is that you? Is that useless grandson of mine with you?” Gam yelled from her room.
“Yes Gam,” I yelled back.
I jogged to her room and cuddled next to her. She was ill, as much as I wanted to deny the truth she was. She looked thinner and older as each day passed by, with each day even hospital visits grew frequent and now she was home nursed. I was grateful for every second we were able to spend together, because imagining a day without her was something I feared greatly. 
“Oh look at that, I’m the one who has come after years and still my share of love is showered on the next door snobbish neighbor,” he said teasing me.
“D’costa, just accept the fact she loves me more than you,” I retorted holding gam tightly.
Gam just snickered at our exchange and opened her other arm for Josh.
“I love you both, very much,” she said while Josh made his way on Gam's other side and wrapped his arm around Gam and my hand. I hesitated for a moment and shot up.
“I've got to go now, I'll see you tomorrow Gam,” I said kissing her on the cheek.
“Good night,” I said blankly to Josh and marched out of her bedroom.

Déjà vu, Déjà vu is when m sitting on the dining table and Josh walks in from his room with the same sleepy awesomeness. Except I wasn't alone, Vidyut sat right next to me. Vidyut kind of stuck along and we've been best friends ever since, Vidyut, Zar, Lekha and I. Although Lekha and I don't hangout every other day like we used to, but we've still managed to stay tight knit. The same goes for Zar who's too occupied with her medical. I have Vidyut and Arya. Arya my current bff and other half. 
“Hey Josh,” Vidyut stood up and they did a guy half hug.
“Vidyut,” he said a little accusingly and then added a quick Hi.
We sat for breakfast and had random conversations. 
“Let's have a reunion,” Josh suggested.
“That’ll be amazing since Kalsi will also be going to...”
I kicked Vidyut's leg and said, going to... “Uh Well I was anyway planning on catching up with Lekha and Zarine, so umm yeah let's have a reunion,” I finished.
“Okay,” Josh said looking at our exchange with a weird unreadable face.
“I'm glad you guys are still going strong after that stupid break up,” he added.
“Stupid, right, it was. Wasn't it?” I mumbled.
Vidyut looked at me with his eyebrows disappearing in his hair, yes raised that high.
“Please,” I mouthed and he handled the situation.
Was it stupid, the reason we broke up, I was in love with Josh, yeah quite stupid if you go to see. Falling for the guy who didn't even bother to see me before leaving, arghh...Stop it Stop it, it isn't his fault that he doesn't...he didn't like you back. Get it together and sleep on it
*****
I entered a food joint where everyone had decided to meet. Vidyut waved from where a bunch of people were sitting including Josh and thus the round of hugs, greetings, you've changed so much, I like your short hair started. It was amusing but hey that's how it is. So I met Danish after ages though he was dating Lekha. Then we had the ex populars who weren't as glamorous as they once used to be. Angela squealed and hugged me and then there was a lot of awkwardness with Saloni and the new guy she was dating. So we were a nice not so quite bunch of about 12 people. Lekha and Zarine came in a few minutes late and then the madness began. We chatted our way through, and Josh shamelessly flirted with Angela who was willingly responding. I told Lekha and Zar to pretend that Vidyut and I were actually together. Vidyut sat next to me and held my hand on the table, I looked at him with my eyes almost bulging out as if a I were saying what the hell are you doing, he got the cue and leaned into my ear,

“Relax i'm playing the part and trust me you'll thank me.”
“What do you mean?” I whispered.
“Look at Josh staring me down,” he whispered back.
I kicked from under the table, he started laughing and that got us attention from the entire table.
“Aren't you guys adorable,” Angela said dreamily.
I smiled coyly and Vidyut getting into the over natural acting phase pulled his arm around me. I am going to kill him, bloody over actor.
Josh as usual looked pale, blank, constipated. So we had dinner and cocktails and were in an awesome beeezy mood. 
‘Hmmmmm!’ everyone kind of sighed with their full tummies and light heads from the entire cocktail intake. 
We walked out of the restaurant and said our goodbyes. Lekha and Zar who had a little too much of the cocktails wouldn't let go of me and Thus, I sent them off with Vidyut. Josh and I took a cab home, and somewhere in between I felt a little dizzy and found myself leaning on Josh, soon I was asleep.

The cab jerked and I slowly looked up to see Josh already looking down at me and we were pretty close. He leaned in a little and I quickly moved back. I almost brisk walked to the elevator, and in no time he stood next to me. Heat was radiating through our bodies and we both were light headed, atleast I was. ‘What is it about elevators?’ This now made sense; there was some sort of attraction that sizzled in the claustrophobic elevator air. I needed air. Finally the door opened at our floor and I said a quick good night.
“Kalsi, wait,” he said.
“Only if I could, I can't really good night,” I fumbled and entered my apartment.
I stood at the door for a few seconds trying to control my breath and leaned on the closed door. The door bell rang and I practically jumped. I knew who it was.
For a moment my brain shut down, and the pure ecstasy of our mouths swirling and puckering together sent me to a wild place unknown. The sweat on my brow cooled; the hair on my skin stood vigilant, waiting to shoot off into space at any moment.  His arms tightened around my head and brought me even closer against his mouth, his fingers tracing their way through the back of my hair while mine explored his godly features. He pressed me against the door, his hands running in frenzy down my back and sides caressing my waist and moving upwards. Our tongues tangled in a fiery kiss. A soft moan escaped from the back of my throat. 
I gently caressed his neck and tugged on his hair, not wanting to pull away deepening the kiss. 
I breathed heavily as our tongues grazed each others. I felt the hot friction between us become unbearable. His hand moved and I could feel him unzipping my dress, his warm hand moved further to unclasp my bra and I panicked. I pushed him away and ran into my room, he followed me but I was quick enough to shut the door. 
“Kalsi, listen I din mean to...”
“I know Josh, but I need some time,” I replied frantically.
“Atleast open the door, please,” he begged.
“I'll see you tomorrow Josh, good night, please just let me be, I'm fine,” I said.
He sighed and left.