Chapter 30

Three weeks were up and my apartment was almost set. I had been working and setting up my apartment all throughout, so on my weekends I would be dead tired and prefer staying at home instead of going out with Josh.

We would talk frequently but for a short time mostly regarding my health and jujubee. He offered showing me around every time he called but I would reject his offers.

A month went by and we met twice that too for dinner on his insistence. I had a doctor’s appointment scheduled as I completed my first trimester. He came along and drove me there.

Both juju and I were doing well only the doctor advised to lay off a little from work and stress.

Josh dropped me home, he was pretty annoyed he just dropped me and zoomed off. He thought I was avoiding him and cutting him off from our baby's life. Why was he complicating things, it was as simple as I was busy, genuinely busy.

I entered my bedroom and blacked out for a moment, I steadied myself and quickly changed into my home clothes. By now my tummy was tight and a slight bump had developed, it was seen if you really looked at it. I was in kitchen and was still a little dizzy a massive pain shot in my head, I took the support of my kitchen sink. Somehow I managed to get my phone and dialed Josh’s number.

“Hello,” he said.

“Hello Josh, come home quick,” the next thing I heard was crash of glass shattering on the floor and I blacked out.

******

I opened my eyes to bright lights and squinted.

“Kals, hey,”Josh said.

“Hey,” I smiled.

“How do you feel now?” He asked.

“Better,” I said.

“You scared me to death Kals, I heard your whisper like plea to come home and then a crash, I drove like a maniac,” he said.

I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to scare you.

“I just blacked out,” I said.

“Yeah, Doctor said the same thing it was due to over exertion and not having a proper diet,” he said with a serious face.

“Please...” I began to say when he cut me off.

“You're not staying alone anymore,” he stated.

“But Josh, that's completely unnecessary,” I said.

“Relax now, we'll talk later, Doc said I can take you home tonight,” He said.

“Okay,” I said and closed my eyes.

It's like the more I tried to get away from Josh, the more universe pulled me towards him.

*****

I was literally dragged from the hospital to my place to Josh's Apartment.

He just kept saying anything could have happened and I had to give in.

I hadn't seen his apartment so when we finally entered I was blown away at how amazing it was. It had that artistically Josh-y feel to it. A small kitchen, a huge dining table which indicated he maybe had a lot of friends over for dinner. Living room was done in caramel yellow with a couch chairs and a wooden table, right in the middle of the house there was wall full of pictures. It had Gam's cutesy picture in her favorite yellow outfit, then there was Cheryl's few pictures some with Josh and some with her fiancé, then there were different portraits and right in the middle was a picture of a 19 something girl in her beanie sitting next to a hippie-ish guy beaming at the camera, It was Josh and I, we were sitting at Trafalgar square.

“That day was something Haan?” I asked looking at the picture.

“Yeah,” he said scratching his head.

“Actually I had to submit pictures from London and they liked this one, hence I hung it up, and the others,” he said awkwardly.

“There are more?” I asked surprisingly.

“Yes,” He said and smiled goofily.

So, we went in his bedroom and boy was I gob smacked.

His wall was splashed with my pictures, well mostly mine, so there was the 17 year old me looking into space with glasses on, eating pizza, dancing at prom and more. Then there were pictures from London where I looked weird in my once upon a cute beanie. Also there were pictures from the wedding and more.

“Ohmygod, Josh, this is...is just wow,” I said and I was probably crimson with happiness.

“Yes,” He said again scratching his head like a retard.

“When did you click these? I had no clue whatsoever,” I asked.

“It was more like in the moment and I had these displayed in my exhibition,” he said.

“I hung these up last night the ones from the wedding so our little jujubee turns out to be exactly like her mamma”, He said pointing out to the new pictures from the wedding.

“Yes, but we also need juju to see his papa,” I said.

I lifted his picture which he had removed to hang mine, here hang this one up and remove that weird ass picture of mine.

“Okay Kalsi mama,” he mocked and did the manual work.

So the moving experience was overwhelming and like my life has always been, it had to be followed by the big bang which completely deserved to bring me back on the ground.