Chapter 26

A month after Arya's wedding it all started. Nausea, vomiting, fatigue and most importantly I missed my period. Arya was back from her honeymoon and we were soon catching up for lunch.

I knew there something wrong with me and I took a wild guess of what it might be but I was too scared to acknowledge it especially after seeing Rajesh thrice. Appa was on cloud nine, he wanted me to marry Rajesh because of some business merger and he also added that he was Ofcourse a very good Tamilian boy.

I met Arya and she immediately noticed my pale face.

“Hey,” she hugged me and I felt so relieved and good. This past week all I’ve been doing is throwing up now and then. I was a mess soon going to be a huge ball of mess, at least that is what I assumed.

I told Arya everything and it took her a good few minutes to grasp it in.

“So you're telling me, you missed your period and you had sex with Josh and you might be pregnant,” she babbled.

“Yes, but not in that order,” I said.

“Come on, get up,” she said standing up.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“To the gynec ,Of course, where else do you think you are going to confirm it?” She said. And stood up.

“But what if I really am?” I asked.

“We'll sort it out together.” she said.

*****

So the doctor confirmed our assumptions and said I was 4 and a half weeks up and was due in September.

“Kalsi, I've prescribed a few pre natal vitamins and other things to assure you and your baby are healthy, but I need to know whether you drink or smoke?” She asked.

“No Ofcourse not,” I replied.

“Okay are you on any other medicines,” she asked. “If you are you will have to get it approved by me, avoid pain killers or popping any unnecessary pills, okay?” She said.

“Yes,” I replied.

“Great, you’re good to go then, morning sickness will go eventually,” she smiled.

I smiled back.

“Doctor what are her options? What if she doesn't want the baby?” Arya asked.

“You are looking for options?” She said rhetorically. “Well, then you're 4 and a half weeks up so you can terminate the fetus, and if you don't want to do that , then you can give birth and then give it up for adoption,” she explained.

“Would there be any side effects of abortion?” Arya asked.

“There will be no termination,” I declared.

“Thank you Doctor,” I said rose up with all the prescriptions.

“Come back in a week and you can see your baby,” she said.

“I will,” I said and moved out.

“Are you sure, you’re ready for this?” Arya asked.

“Ready or not Arya, I’m not going to kill my jujubee,” I said placing my hand my tummy, which is soon going to be huge.

“Are you going to tell Josh?” She asked.

“And what about Appa and Rajesh?” She asked.

“Appa is definitely going to disown me and Rajesh obviously won't marry me, and Josh, he doesn't care, so practically I’m alone and screwed.”