Chapter 32

I'd known my place; Josh didn't utter a word when Aaliya called me a skank. I wasn't going to feel that way again, I will not redeem myself over a guy who thinks he's fulfilling an obligation by marrying me.

So, I maintained my distance. He lived his life and I lived mine. I insisted that I stay at my apartment but he   didn't let me go and said that it wasn't safe for me to stay alone. So I had to stay back. He had his photo shoots once or twice in a week so he would be at home most of the time but we hardly talked. Aaliya would come over now and then and I would make myself scarce by staying in my room. Aditya, Shraddha and Keegan would come over for weekend; we would hang out and have dinners that were my only entertainment. Also working from home wasn't easy I had to constantly check with my boss through phone and conference calls.

My bump was now easily visible, nausea and vomiting was long gone but I had my share of pain and side effects.

My monthly check up was in an hour and Josh wasn't around though I had notified him.

After waiting for a long time I decided to drive myself. I locked the house and turned around to see two blue orbs smiling at me.

“Hey keegs,” I said.

“Hello gorgeous, going somewhere?” He asked.

“Yes, to my doctor,” I said.

“Oh, isn't Josh coming with you?” He asked.

“He was supposed to but he still isn't here so I thought I'd drive by myself,” I explained.

“In that case, give me the honor of driving you, Milady,” he said charmingly.

I giggled a yes.

*****

My appointment went well; both of us were healthy and happy. Juju had really grown; I got it in a CD for Josh if he wanted to see my jujubee.

Keegan was ecstatic to see juju moving and kept on babbling about it all the way to the parking.

“Kalsi,” I heard someone calling out my name.

We turned to see Josh jogging towards us.

“Couldn't you wait?” He asked panting.

“I did wait, I couldn't miss my appointment,” I said.

“Yeah Bro, and I was with her,” Keegan chimed in.

“Oh.” Josh said looking at me.

“We're driving home, you can go wherever you want to,” I said and sat in Keegan's car.

I could see Josh talking to Keegan; he looked agitated while Keegan was calm.

After a few more minutes of arguing Keegan came in and we drove away.

“What was he saying?” I asked after controlling my urge to act cool.

He smirked; “I was testing how long you could hold on,” he laughed.

“Shut up,” I said.

“He said that, you were his wife and I shouldn't work my way with you,” Keegan said.

“What?” I said.

That asshole. He does whatever the hell he wants to and expects me to behave.

Keegan just laughed it all off.

******

That night I sat on the couch working on my laptop when something happened, I felt something move in my tummy. Juju had kicked for the first time and that moment was indescribable.