Chapter 22

3 years later

When Ashk and Arya started dating two years back, I had never imagined it to last this long. When Ashk proposed like a rock star that he is, Arya was swept off her feet and in a few days they were going to be forever. 

They met in London and started dating, distance didn't matter when, Arya and I returned to India. 

And five days from now they will be tying the knot Bollywood style in a gigantic palace. You see both Arya and Ashk are loaded and thus a five day destination wedding in a palace was no big deal. 

So here I was standing at the gate of this beautiful enormous Raj Palace. It was breath taking indeed. 

“This is beautiful,” I said.

“Isn't it,” Arya said completely mesmerized by the view herself.

“Pinch me Kals, I’m getting married and that too here in this beautiful castle,” she said with teary eyes.

“It's a palace,” I corrected “and Aww, you deserve the best babe,” I said sidehugging her.

Soon her family and friends surrounded her and the typical Indian melodrama began.

“Next it’s you Kalsi beta,” Arya's Mom chimed wiping her tears.

I just smiled and a bus full of people entered the Palace booked only for our entertainment. 

The groom's side would be arriving in the evening and tomorrow the festivities would start. I walked into my room with the butler who carried my bags one after the other. After they left I lied back on my bed and sighed. Suddenly someone jumped right on me and I got up screaming.

“Ow, Arya, that hurts,” I yelled as she lied next to me.

“Serves you right, the bride's in stress and the maid of honor is relaxing,” She said.

“Actually I’m sorry, I’m just out of character these days you know with this wedding and it’s so stressful,” she continued.

"I know,But now you've only got to sit back relax and look pretty,” I said.

She laughed and we lied there for sometime in silence. I was mentally going through all the functions and arrangements, thought here I only had to order and supervise it was stressful.

After sometime Arya's mom rushed in.

“Oh you girls get up now, Ashk and his family would be here soon.”

“Yes Aunty chillax,” I said.

“No relax chillax, get up now, you come with me to meet the cook and you Arya, look at you such a mess, get ready baba,” she said pointedly to us.

“Its chef mamma,” Arya corrected and got up.

“Meet me in the lobby Kalsi beta,” she said and moved out.

“Oh God, she's going to be pain,” Arya said with a guilty face.

“I'll manage, after all she’s the mother of the bride,” I said.

“Ohoo, you're still standing here, Chalo,” she said pulling Arya with her.

“Hurry up,” Kalsi, she yelled from the door.

“Yes, yes,” I said and had a quick shower.

*******

After two hours of instructing the hotel staff and keeping up with Sheena Aunty, I had a moment of peace.