Prologue

Hi everyone! This is the first fanfic I've written for Doki Doki Literature Club! Some of the content you'll see won't stick to the original dialogue but hey... that's what fanfics are for. Enjoy!

...

Well, I've done it again. I've played the whole game for the eighth time in a row. Honestly, why can't this be real? Why can't I be in there in the club? I yearn to be able to create a life in that club and care for those girls that don't know what happens to them in the end. If only I cou-

"That can be arranged."

Jesus! I wasn't expecting another person in my dark room. But wait, how? No one else lives with me. The nearest house from my place is a mile away. Who is this person?

"Well, you haven't met me specifically...wait...technically you h-have. But that's not the point."

I can't believe it. The one girl who screws everything up and kills everyone off for the sake of love. Monika.

"What're you doing here you psycho?! After everything you did, you decide to appear in front of me. More importantly, how is this possible?"

"No one said this was impossible [Player]. I'm capable of complex thought too y-you know?" Oh no. My...

I just realized that Monika was full of bruises and cuts all around her body. She starts to collapse so I go to rest her on my bed.

"How did this happen?"

I have to let this happen, so he can en-njoy himself more than he does now.

"Well, I felt y-your unyielding desire to meet the characters and to live in t-the world of DDLC. Unfortunately, I won't live on for much longer.

"Why are you like this? Why did you come to me right before you die?"

"I don't know how I got here but I'll tell you w-why... I want you to be transported into the game of DDLC."

WHAT?!

"Wait I'm sorry, what?"

"I don't h-have too much time so I'll m-make this brief. I want y-you to be happy with all the other girls, i-including myself."

"How can you even do that? But you won't even be in the game!"

"D-Did you forgot [Player]? I'm f-from a version of t-the game where I kill everyone. Y-You have a fresh start of the h-have right on y-your computer." I need to...finish this fast.

Oh no, she's getting close. She's starting to cough out blood onto the bed sheet. "What can I do to help you Monika? Please? I can't stand to see you die."

"Then make your choice. E-Either go to DDLC to fulfill your wholesome desires or stay in your simulated world."

No, she's kidding right? Right? "My world isn't a simulation! Yours is!"

"Are you really s-sure about that [Player]? For all we know, both of our realities could be fake or both could be real."

No way...

"I love you, [Player]! That's why I want to m-make you happy a-and bring you to a b-better world. W-What do you say my l-love?"

She's willing to take me into that world before she dies? *Can't hold myself from shedding a tear*

"[Player], do you accept this o-once in a lifetime adventure?"

I look straight into Monika's tired but compassionate eye before I speak.

"Monika, I'm sick of my meaningless life without any chance to give others kindness, compassion, and care. Monika, I accept your offer!" She smiles a pure smile at me before saying...

"I'm happy for you!" It hurts. Please hurry. "Then, if you accept, p-put out your hand and hold mine."

I start to extend my hand to hers but before I'm able to hold my hand, she suddenly says...

"W-Wait. I almost f-forgot."

"What Monika? What did you forget?"

Remember j-just now how I s-said that I c-can make your life wonderful by sending y-you to DDLC?"

"Y-Yeah?" I don't like the sound of that.

"Well, y-you're going to have to p-prevent everything t-that I c-caused."

I see Monika start to shed many tears while not keeping herself composed at all. I've never seen this side of her before. I prop her up a little bit and hug her to calm her down.

"You h-have to stop Sayori's and Yuri's suicide, and s-stop Natsuki from being abused. Please or else y-you won't be happy there."

"I understand Monika." She perks up with the force she has left to look at me, amazing at my determination.

"I promise that I'll fix everything...and Monika?"

"Y-Yeah?"

"I'll make you proud by making everyone happy!" I raise her hands and mine bundled together, smiling at her. She smiles the biggest smile she can make.

"Thank you [Player]. That means a lot to me. Well...g-get ready!"

I start to see my whole room fading to white and Monika's face becoming more and more distant by the second. I tell her, "I'll help everyone, I promise!"

I hear her say a few words before everything fades into darkness.

"I know you can. I know you will."